Weed and heart attack/stroke risk?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joel110, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi there I'm new here. I quit weed months ago I smoked it since I was 14.im now 21,i suffer from anxiety/health anxiety and ocd. I never had a problem with weed. Used to actually help my anxiety. But I had a bad blip. Broke up with my missis. Lost a family member so I started to drink alcohol (☠) then things started to go down hill I then became addicted to it. I'm of it now tho. Have been for a few weeks, alcohol made me have major health worries about my heart and things like that. I was going to the hospital regularly from panic attacks, had lots of blood tests, Ecg's. All came back normal. So it's started to get better so then I thought I should start smoking weed again. But then I seen something on the Internet about weed causing heart attacks or strokes or even sudden death. I don't have a heart problem like I said I have had lots of tests to confirm there's nothing wrong. So I asked my doctor will it cause heart attacks. And he said its not likely to. But then stupidly I keep searching it up on the Internet. It said its not confirmed yet due to lack of evidence. But I'm still worried and I really want to smoke weed again
    .... Not good

2. Hey,
    IMO when you are as healthy as you/the tests are saying you are then I don't think that you have to worry about smoking. The only thing I can imagine is that when you smoke and you think about that stroke article you may become paranoid. Especially 'cause weed can make you think that your heart is racing (happens to me quit frequently 'cause of paranoia).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. That's a very good point. I thought it was just me lol

4. I don't think you have anything to worry about. According to this article I've been reading, "Long-term studies have failed to show a definite increase in cardiovascular mortality with marijuana use." So although it is a topic of ongoing research, there is currently no evidence to suggest that smoking cannabis will make you any more likely to die from a cardiovascular disease.

Marijuana and Cardiovascular Disease

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smoking cannabis will strengthen your cardiovascular health, your respiratory functionality, and your endocrine system response timing. Drinking alcohol will kill you but I bet you don't need to read an internet article to find out for yourself now do you?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well we aren't physicians but doesn't smoking weed lower your blood pressure? It is my understanding that once you build a tolerance up it actually lowers your blood pressure. With low T it does raise it for like 15 mins a after consumption.

Like anything else if you have underlying issues it could bring about problems.

I have checked by BP many times immediately after smoking and got perfect numbers and they went down slightly LOL

7. Alcohol will kill you but weed will not. The thing you read on the internet about weed was all pure PROPAGANDA brought to you by BIG PHARMA and their lapdog the DEA... Big pHARMa wants you to take their chemical meds for heart attacks and strokes and not rely on nature's medications, weed along healthy foods like fruits and veggies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1