Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed. And health... Why cant you prove its not bad?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by theshadowshower, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Okay so we have all seen the arguement on how weed is either good, neutral or bad for you.... But yet no one in history has sat down wrote a paper with concrete solid proof for any of the 3 sides. Also is there a place I can find solid evidence that weed isent bad for you. I'm looking for actual studies that show, not just the internet saying it's not badSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I believe a major issue we are having in "scientifically" proving anything - if you wanna trust "science" for anything cannabis related - is that because of illegality it's hard to get funding for studies and such.

3. I think it's important to take a look at the studies that say it's terrible for you and read not just the findings, but also the methodology used. If they used an unrealistic method, like suffocating monkeys with weed smoke (depriving them of oxygen to 'show' how the smoke kills brain cells), you gotta wonder if it wasn't bullshit or even funded by someone with special interests. I'm sure smoking weed isn't 100% without risk, but if it was so physically and psychologically damaging to an adult, why aren't opponents of marijuana busting out all these studies? Look at fucking Ann Coulter. She was doing an interview with Piers Morgan and claimed weed made you stupid and unproductive and her evidence was that she had a pool boy who was stoned and he couldn't clean her pool. Now, granted, she was probably fucking trolling, but I don't get why opponents aren't like "THESE studies show it will fuck you up," instead of just being like "It's just a bad thing, makes you stupid, users are losers, give them the cold shoulder, this is what America is about for some reason! *American flag starts waving in background*"

Anyway, I'd consult Granny for any scientific studies.

4. #4 Storm Crow, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    You haven't seen my List, have you? Couple from the "Mortality" section-

Comparing cannabis with tobacco-again Link between cannabis and mortality is still not established        (full - 2003)   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC196384/?tool=pmcentrez

Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs       (report - 2009)
    http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=145

An index of fatal toxicity for drugs of misuse.        (abst - 2010)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20104506

The Global Epidemiology and Contribution of Cannabis Use and Dependence to the Global Burden of Disease: Results from the GBD 2010 Study          (full – 2013)
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0076635

The List is over 1000 pages of links to PubMed and journal studies, as well as news articles, but everything is marked, so the news articles can easily be skipped over! (My best friend has severe learning disabilities and couldn't read a study to save her life! But it didn't seem fair to exclude her from learning about what cannabis can do, so since she can read news articles, I have included them.)

And here's the kicker, the List is ABSOLUTELY FREE!    :eek: To get your PDF copy, just check out the bottom of my sig, and send me an email, or you can PM me your email.  I usually will get a copy off to you within 24 hours.   :yay:

Granny

5. [quote name="theshadowshower" post="19401591" timestamp="1390617999"]Okay so we have all seen the arguement on how weed is either good, neutral or bad for you.... But yet no one in history has sat down wrote a paper with concrete solid proof for any of the 3 sides. Also is there a place I can find solid evidence that weed isent bad for you. I'm looking for actual studies that show, not just the internet saying it's not badSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]You want a study?Just talk to the many people who have been smoking weed for 10 years straight. ( such as myself) Then talk to the people who have been drinking and smoking cigarettes for 10 years and compare the two.. You can find all three wherever you look. You don't need a scientist to tell you this shit.. I've been smoking off and on since 7th grade (I'm 29 yrs old now)And I feel fine health wise.. Besides my asthma that I've had since I was 6, which I find doesn't bother me as much when I smoke weed compared to cigarettes, I feel fine.. True everybody's different but if you board that train then no study will ever be accurate in your eyes.

6. [quote name="TejasBoi" post="19401947" timestamp="1390621846"]You want a study?Just talk to the many people who have been smoking weed for 10 years straight. ( such as myself) Then talk to the people who have been drinking and smoking cigarettes for 10 years and compare the two.. You can find all three wherever you look. You don't need a scientist to tell you this shit.. I've been smoking off and on since 7th grade (I'm 29 yrs old now)And I feel fine health wise.. Besides my asthma that I've had since I was 6, which I find doesn't bother me as much when I smoke weed compared to cigarettes, I feel fine.. True everybody's different but if you board that train then no study will ever be accurate in your eyes.[/quote]This is true... But ignorance is a thing and no one will belive a random person on the Internet... No hateSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [quote name="theshadowshower" post="19401957" timestamp="1390621967"]This is true... But ignorance is a thing and no one will belive a random person on the Internet... No hateSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]So your just looking for somebody with a degree to believe in? Well I'm sure you'll find the answer. I don't need a study to tell me weed is bad or good for me.. I smoke the damn thing and I know my body. So I use the common sense I was born with and make my own decision on it. Common sense can take you fAr in this world.

8. [quote name="TejasBoi" post="19401991" timestamp="1390622263"]So your just looking for somebody with a degree to believe in? Well I'm sure you'll find the answer. I don't need a study to tell me weed is bad or good for me.. I smoke the damn thing and I know my body. So I use the common sense I was born with and make my own decision on it. Common sense can take you fAr in this world.[/quote]I agree but like I said... There are ignorant people in this world... Trust me I don't need convincing Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

you just defined a study except he doesnt need to go talk to those people

10. Im not going to do your homework for you.

You can do what I did and ask your doctor.

My doctor told me that I can do all the cannabis I want in edible form.

11. I personally junk it's okay in moderation. My father has been doing it for 35 years and has a terrible memory and half the time he doesn't know your talking to him, he has a low attention span. Me personally am fine as long as I'm not high all day. Sorry if any typos I'm on my ipadSent from my iPad Air

12. Ocire beat me to it.

The reason there isn't much information is because weed is still illegal in most of the world and cannot be properly studied like it should be.  But there are studies out there if you search for them ;)  I think the major problem for the majority of users is more psychological than physical, and personally I think thats due to a lack of information.

13. because the govt. won't legalize studies of cannabis for research purposes

14. [​IMG]

My docs, heart and high blood pressure, have told me edibles and vaping were fine.

Yea well we are not kids anymore, diabeties, high blood pressure,high cholesterol,acid reflux,depression, failed back surgery, diabetic foot pain.

he would rather I did some cannabis then lay around stoned on Vicodin and vodka.

16. Dude dont lie this dosnt help legalizing it. I got memory loss from it I know it will come back but that's one of the common minor side effectseffects from it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Memory loss from information and energy overload yes, weed itself doesn't cause memory loss bro.

it's a side effect that is gone when it wears off...

hmm...laughing, feeling good, dizzy, forgetful, make mistakes of logic, speak the wrong word when you meant to say another, just like people do when drunk on alcohol...people toking a joint do this too...mof, people in a group sipping coffee seem to act silly at times...

ya side effects of being intoxicated are not indicative to just pot...any drug, like pot, alcohol, caffeine has a temporary side effect while under the influence.

19. Memory loss isn't necessarily bad

And this argument implies you are incapable of forgetting when sober lol