Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Freedom

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HIGH IQ, Aug 8, 2010.

1. #61 HIGH IQ, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010

If I took the time to figure out the profit/loss of cannabis in a market that would be great.

With cannabis you can make vitamins, food, clothing, paper, medicine, recreation, rope, and who knows what else. Thats just what the company itself would profit from. Lets not forget the tax money that could be made.

Companies that would obviously indirectly make a profit - Fast food, snack food companies. Some beverage companies. Lighter companies. Home improvement stores (for grows). gas&electric companies. It also might help the housing industry (you never know, people might buy houses specifically for grows)

I dont think we have touched even the fringe of the possibilites of cannabis.

I think the companies that directly lose profit have to be Pharmaceutical companies. Then Big tabacco(so many people smoke cigs for stress instead of weed). Then beer companies (a lot of people get fucked up on alcohol simply because its legal).

After that I could venture to say maybe gun companies...Im not srue what else, thats kind of hard.

But whats stopping pharmaceutical companies from opening up their own dispensaries in MMJ legal states?

The only thing I could think of is that the feds could easily locate and shut them down.

But they have enough money to lobby themselves out of trouble right? with their marketing power, and lobbying power, they could easily turn record profits off cannabis.

and knowing THIS society, there will be mass amounts of people who would rather go to a store and buy weed already rolled/bagged/ground/deseeded, then set up/grow/maintain/harvest/manicure their own stash.

Who knows really.

EDIT: Honestly I think there are far less educated and well learned smokers out there, who know nothing of how to grow, nothing about strains, nothing about sativa/indica.

You know there will be some white trash nascar loving family, with the dad leaving the trailer saying "IMA GO PICKUP SOME BUD FROM WAL-MART" and he doesnt mean bud light either.

Or kids, just like with cigerettes, will be able to ask an 18+ year old who they are cool with to pick them up some bud at the local gas station.

Eventually I think it might just work its way in to our society. Just like fast food. Or just buying fruits and such from a store.

This country eats that "convenient" shit up. Were a country of lazy people. Its bound to take hold.

I think we are outnumbered in that kind of battle.

and lets not kid ourselves. I hate to support a stereotype. But A LOT of lazy people smoke bud already.