Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and everyday food

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by davidn420, Aug 1, 2012.

1. #1 davidn420, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012

It's all about the canna (or hash) oil, or tincture, and how you go about safely applying it to the recipe without
    degrading potency.

I'll give you some links and pointers below. :)

Looking at those photos (particularly one I'll link below, that implies what they are about to do with that ground herb),
    and especially after reading the article, it seems these people are making what we call 'gourmedibles', not 'medibles'....

Meaning that they are trading away potency by using lesser methods of infusion, in other words you'd need to
    sacrifice a great deal of your potency to get much effect, in order to keep in line with a more traditional recipe.

And there's nothing really wrong, with that!

But fortunately, that doesn't have to be the case, and there are better ways to both stay traditional, and not
    waste potency! :yay:

Luckily there are enough high quality extraction methods, that rely on using ideal 'edible solvents' which match ingredients
    in the recipes, that you can do much better than adding ground, inactive herb or hash, directly to an uncooked (or worse)
    a finished food item...

You can almost always use the oil, sweetener, or alcohol, that the recipe already contains, to your advantage. :hello:

Choosing not to do that, is just what they have made the decision to do...

- This is likely because, on one hand, they may not understand that they had better options for some of the same recipes.

- Or perhaps because they and their clientele can afford to spend a lot more money on their herb, than they really need to,
    and they can also spend much more money on their food, than most recreational users and patients can. :)

For instance, instead of doing what it looks like below, and sprinkling dried (but raw) cannabis on this fish before
    cooking, they could have added a canna olive oil to the fish after it was cooked, for MUCH greater effects, from much
    less material. :)

[​IMG]

And in another recipe, or perhaps the same recipe later on, they finally DO finish it by adding canna oil as well, just before
    serving... but then they waste good kief by just sprinkling it on at the same time.

But wait, they aren't even done yet...

Before they finish, they actually vaporize (which immediately destroys up to 30% of the potency that material once
    contained) herb and let that vapor settle on the fish, before calling it quits. :eek: :(:cry:

Usually, if you're going for the most potency at least, the whole point of making edibles is so you can avoid exposing
    your herb to such extreme measures! :p

That vaporized herb, is not orally bioavailable once it reaches the tract... your body can only absorb a miniscule fraction
    before it goes 'in one end, and out the other', when it has not been processed into a bioavailable solution.

The ONE thing they did, that will provide their customers with a decent amount of sensation, was to add canna oil...
    and it's a good thing, too!

They've gone through all these extra, and very wasteful steps, either simply because they can afford to be wasteful, or
    they may not understand how cannabis needs to be processed, so it can actually enter the bloodstream, and provide
    the effects we're looking for. :eek:

Long story short, between the possible sprinkled herb at the beginning, the last-minute kief, and the vapor
    residue (and then, whether or not they processed their oil properly), they've taken probably somewhere in the vicinity
    of the amount normally used, to provide six-to-ten stronger, longer lasting doses when processed properly...... to
    make each, single, functional dish.

In other words...

- For instance, 20 pieces of fish made that way, will provide 20 decent doses if the customers are lucky.

- But the same amount of herb, processed properly into an oil or tincture, could have provided close to 200 medical
    grade doses
    at a good clinic.

And like I mentioned earlier, there's nothing wrong with that! :smoke:

That's precisely why we would refer to them as 'gourmedibles', rather than 'medibles'.

It's a fancy way to blow through a TON of weed, just for the sake of doing it. :D

And you can do that, with any recipe you want.

All it really takes is, well... just adding it the way we normally wouldn't want to, if we were aiming for the best and
    most effects from that material.

But the best part is that it's EASY to make highly effective edible oils and tinctures!

Anyhow... :p

If you're looking for home-style food recipes that DO give you the most bang for your buck, or can provide the
    strongest sensations from the least material possible, check out the CannaPharm sticky right here in the edible section. :)

A few examples of the work I've done in there... these links will bring you to the thread as well.

There is an incomplete 'Table of Contents' in my blog, as well, to make browsing through a bit easier.

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

If you decide you really enjoy edibles (or concentrate for smoking/vaping [​IMG] ), these tutorials may inspire you a bit, as well...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

I can't say it enough: Oil is EASY to make!!

Since you asked for them (remember; you brought this upon yourself! :p ) here are a few examples of edibles
    to help spark your creativity, most of their recipes can also be found in the CannaPharm sticky (the thread
    which contains the above oil tutorials).

----

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! :p

Or they can include apples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Pot'-tato Salad made with canna oil, half homemade hash mayo, and half store-bought mayo.
    Before adding the taters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna S'mores, made with marshmallow, PB Canna Cookies, and Hashy Bars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truffles are super simple, they require three or four simple ingredients, they take about 10 minutes.. and no baking is required!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can skip the chocolate coating and the 'fuse' for the BOMBS, to make a much more simple PB fudge treat..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some Aussie-style Hashy Meat Pie.... of the 'bacon cheeseburger' variety. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(ALL of the food items in the photo below, have been infused with hash oil, canna oil, tincture, or all of the above! :hello: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the GC Techies got the photo albums back up, and running, I was thrilled!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad made with tincture...

[​IMG]

Then, you have oil based drinkables...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with a tincture, you can expand and 'lighten' your drinkable options... glycerin and alcohol tinctures do require
    more patience than oils, during processing, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candies are great, too...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even sushi is easy!

Alcohol and glycerin hash tinctures in the sushi rice (which calls for mirin, a rice wine, sugar and vinegar... some
    sushi rice recipes also call for oil, so hash oil may be used as well), and a touch of alcohol tincture with the water,
    that is used to hydrate the wasabi. :yummy:

[​IMG]

And if you want something really simple... just pop your oil into capsules when you're done!

These keep better than any other edible.. on a shelf, in a desk, or in the freezer.. and they're always ready for eating. :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Some smoking concentrate made the same way as the above caps, minus the oil of course, with a faster wash/rinse...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just when you thought that the liquor flavored "Kopper's Cordials" couldn't possibly get any better...

We turned around, and made them with Golden Dragon. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, these are just a few examples... but I think the post is probably quite long enough! :p

Good luck, and have fun! :cool: :wave:

-----

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good!
    :p )

3. BadKittySmiles, thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for I couldn't have asked for a better response. This just inspired me so much that I'm making a pizza right now with cannabis olive oil spread across the dough under the sauce :D hope it turns out good! Wish I could give you some rep but I'm on the app, I'll try to remember to next time I'm on the computer but sorry if I forget, thanks again this helped me a ton! Plus almost every recipe requires some sort of oil or butter :) can't wait to start experimenting with it.

4. And you don't have to roll joints.:D

5. [quote name='"PsychedelicSam"']

And you don't have to roll joints.:D[/quote]

Hahaha yeah Sam, I got real good I practiced for like 4 hours the other night and just rolled up 2 ounces and blew through 3 packs of paper :p so worth it.

6. Dude this reminds me they need to make an Iron Chef episode with the secret ingredient of weed!