Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed and diabetes?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by oceano, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hey GC, I have had type 1 diabetes for about 8 years now, and I have been smoking for the past 2 of those years. Does smoking the cheeba do anything to affect diabetes? Positively or negatively? I've always wondered this..

2. Check out Granny's list and you can do a search under the medical section here for Diabetes and find a number of topics. I've had Type I for 32 of my 36 years, and it hasn't had any negative effect for me at all. A1c's have been in the 6 range for many years. I see a slight lowering of sugars if anything. Inflammatory response in the body seems so tied to diabetes, and cannabis is of course very good for that.

3. [quote name='"scrambledegg81"']Type 1 for 25 years, and I can say it definitely has a positive effect on blood sugar control as well as visual benefits. Check out http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html for more. :)[/quote]
    I'm glad to hear from personal experience! I will experiment with smoking and my bs levels now. Thanks for your imput! And I will check out that site later, I've been pretty busy lately :)