Weed and developing minds

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kenny250, Nov 17, 2012.

1. #1 Kenny250, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    Has anyone else noticed heavy useage at a younger age has affected yourself? i turned 20 on the 12 of november, and have been smoking daily for about a year and a half or so now.

im not the person i used to be, and im sure many of you are not, sometimes when im with my mates we wont have anything to talk about, and sit there thinking of what to say, my confidence has dropped, i can hardly look at a girl let alone talk to her, where i used to be able to chat to anyone, even if i wasnt going to get any. Weed, its deffently affected me.

im so glad theres an age limit in american states that have legalised. and i hope everywhere will set them once its all legalised

Do you think you have changed?

2. People change as they get older no matter what, it's a normal part of life. I guarantee that even if you had never tried marijuana in your life you still would've changed. You feeling like you've lost your ability to socialize is the result of your lack of confidence, once you gain that back you'll find it's much easier to talk and be around people, especially with girls. Also in reference to your friends, some people do grow apart it's normal too, even if you've been best friends for a long time. If you've been making an effort to start conversation between your friends and it doesn't work then they clearly aren't trying to keep the conversation going either, it takes effort from both sides to keep any sort of relationship going.

3. Well I'm 18 and really like smoking weed. So i don't see what the problem is.

4. #4 Schildpad420, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    I smoked when I was a teen. It changed my life. I went from being a one-track minded person to a very understanding person. My morals have changed.

Because of the use of weed I find individual freedom very important. Weed made me realize that every person is different, nobody's thoughts are exactly the same, everybody has lived a different life, has seen different stuff, has been taught different stuff. You always should respect the way others think. I don't like the government because they are just some random persons behind a desk deciding what is best for every individual in the country.

I'm very happy what weed has done with my mind and life.

Weed + philosophy class + music = game changers when I was a teen.

I can relate to what you are saying, though. I felt exactly the same way. I decided to do something about my lack of confidence. I also thought it was because of weed, but that wasn't what was going on. My lack of confidence was because weed made me see my flaws, never dared to talk to girls (let alone stoned). I changed my life, and that is also what you should do!!!

First off, why are you scared to talk to girls. For me it was because I didn't know how they would react, I didn't know what to say, how to approach and I thought I wasn't good looking enough.

There will be a moment when you feel it has been enough. ''It's time to be a man'' is what I said to myself. So I bought new clothes, got a nice haircut, went to the gym etc etc. I was a completely new man. I got confident because I worked on my flaws, the change in my physical appearance was what gave me the confidence. And all of the sudden talking to girls became easy, I was having date after date.

You need to be comfortable in your skin, you need to look for your flaws and do something about it. Don't just sit and wait for magic to happen.

My life rocks nowadays.

Sorry for this entire book I wrote, just wanted to tell you what I know.

5. OP you're exactly a year and a day older than me and I've been smoking pretty frequently for about 4 years now. All that's really changed about me is to question things more.

For example raised in a liberal home I was pro Obama back when he was first elected. However I started smoking right after that and learned about and constructed my own view on politics and everything in the world and voted Gary Johnson in my first election. I got more serious about guitar and got really into metal and classic rock as opposed to pop rock and 80s new wave radio staples of my parents. I became more critical of my parents religious views while I explained certain things scientifically.

You could say that anyone goes through this finding themselves during high school, but I know a lot of people who still seemed pretty lost when they graduated. Even if they thought they knew where they were going, they didn't really know who they are. I was never close-minded but attribute some of the state of my open-mindedness to weed and its why I'm proud to be a stoner.

My math logic might not be quite as sharp as it once was, but I attribute that more to being placed in an advanced class after 4 semesters of straight As in math and no longer being able to keep up. This coincided with my disillusionment with the education system and I declined to take a math class my senior year, so not having to do math in a while naturally I'm a little rusty. I may not have been valedictorian a second time, but I still graduated on the honor roll so toking didn't up and retard me.

I still wouldn't advise underage smoking as not everyone will have the same situation as me. I was more lethargic back when I started probably 'cause I was smoking too much for a 14 year old. I was already pretty bright when I started but some brains need to develop more before heavy toking hinders them.

6. protip: weed has nothing to do with it

7. Everybody is different op, if you dont think its doing anything for you right now dont do it, you can always try it again next year.

Schildpad420 thats a good post bro.

8. I have to say I am the opposite of you. I love talking to girls high due to the fact I give 0 fucks what happens then and my confidence has increased in that matter. Weed has opened my mind to the fullest since I began smoking at 13. Damn can't believe it's been 7 years.

9. thanks mate

10. same. i became soo much more social after i started smoking. i used to be so shy and social awkward. now i have no problem talking to anybody

11. Man I've been tokin for 6 years. Not a day I regret. I don't think I ever had a problem talking to people I called my friends. I dun get it.

12. #12 qwertyasdf, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    Pretty much this exactly.

OP, weed affects everyone differently. It hasn't really changed me. I talk the same amount I always have. I get along with everyone. The only thing is, when I smoke weed, I don't feel like doing work :eek: big fuckin surprise there, right?

13. been smoking for about two years on and off, and i have to say its done more good for me than bad. opened up my mind and made me more understanding of people and i feel like a completely new and improved person since i began smoking. weed is that shit man. i like that i started at the age of 20 so i didnt get and of the cognitive side effects that some people supposedly get when they start too early or w/e. but i still think it helps more than damages the mind no matter when you start taking it.

14. I've been smoking and have not noticed any negative effects, it made me a much more mature, deep thinking, open minded person and it has made me appreciate life so much more when high and sober. I never have had any academic problems at all because of marijuana and haven't noticed and inhibitations of my academics or me not being able to remember stuff or anything like that.

15. I have changed a lot. None of the changes have come about because of smoking weed.

16. I too have changed but I think it also goes with age. A lot of my "established" friends jumped on my back when they found out I smoked some weed and we had graduated. They told me to get my life on track, and called me a drug addict. Weed made me realize, they never were my friends and I live a better life because of it.

17. Not that this has anything to do with developing minds but I recently realized(realised?)(Spell check puts a z is that right?) that smoking some ganja really helps me keep my mind in check. When I'm dry I notice that my actual mind comes to the foreground and I begin to slip into a cycle of self hatred, depression, psychotic thoughts and the like. The herb makes me fun loving and mellow. :bongin:

18. #18 zowie, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    weed has made me an observer. I know how to hold conversations with people and stuff but most of the time I just sit back enjoy and watch the world and think to myself. this observer type of thing has made me feel like I've become better person. Agreeing with what Gr33nD42 said too in his pervious post. good stuff man!

19. [quote name='"zowie"']weed has made me an observer. I know how to hold conversations with people and stuff but most of the time I just sit back enjoy and watch the world and think to myself. this observer type of thing has made me feel like I've become better person. Agreeing with what Gr33nD42 said too in his pervious post. good stuff man![/quote]

I also totally agree with you about the observer part, just watching the world and how it works.