Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Depression

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chartay, Jan 20, 2015.

1. I've had depression and anxiety for a few years now, recently I started smoking weed which when I first got high I found that it was really helping especially with my anxiety but after the high ended I felt extremely depressed, low and suicidle and my anxiety was ridiculous, it was almost physcotic I was so paranoid. Is it normal for weed to affect mental illnesses like this? Is there anyway I can stop it? I enjoy smoking but I don't think I can keep doing it if the come downs always going to be like this

2. If you are not stable mentally then see a counselor and your doctor. weed is a band-aid to a what could be a bigger problem.

Nothing wrong with seeing a counselor.

3. Try smoking a heavy indica strain or high CBD strain if you have access. CBD is anti-psychotic that will calm you down. Also make sure you're not over consuming, getting too high can worsen anxiety even if it's a high CBD strain.

You could also try toking before you go to bed so that you'll sleep off most of the comedown.

4. If you truly have depression and anxienty weed is not your answer.  Yeah it might work in the short term, but you need to get to the root of the problem.  Not just cover it up.  Not saying weed is bad for you either.  Depression and anxiety can be tricky.  I know years of self medicating only got me a crazy drug addiction, rehab, and my life falling apart.  Some tough years, and many tough counseling sessions later I am medication free and only toke now.  My problem was constantly running away from the problem, problems.  You need to man up and take that shit head on if you ever want to feel normal again. You may learn a lot about yourself in the process.  Good luck with it though.

5. There's deep, deep depression that you need to see a counselor for, and then there's the sometimes feeling down feeling that you can get. For me, weed helped me open my mind and get me out of a lot of my depression (not major), but once I came down, I never felt psychotic or suicidal. If that's what's happening, then seek help.

6. [​IMG]
    I'm so desensitized and self loathing that I just react to everything with annoyed indifference.
    Weed is keeping me alive. Well, weed and mom.

CRAWWWWWWWLING. Hahahahahah..fuck, I slay me.