Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tim510, Sep 2, 2012.

1. So today I was smoking with my friends when my friend decided to smoke a cig. I asked him how he could smoke cigs, they are so harsh on my lungs. Then he said that weed is more harsh than cigs. Then my other friends said they agreed with him, and they all took a hit of the cig, so I was like woah, maybe those cigs are different. So I take a hit and sure enough I cough like there's no tomorrow. Am I the only one who reacts this way?

2. I personally think that weed is more harsh than cigarettes. Since I smoke that good bud, I can smoke cigarettes with no problem. Even unfiltered cigarettes aren't that strong both harsh and flavor-wise. Full flavored cigs aren't that 'full' to me. Nothing can match that strong flavor and smoke weed offers.

3. Nah man your 100% right, I was smoking bud way before I started smoking cigs, bud can be harsh depending on what kind your smokin and how big of hits you take but a cig, even a small hit could make me choke after id been only smoking bud for years.

From a cig/bud smokers point of view don't fall into the whole peer pressure crap, YES smoking a cig after smoking bud will make you higher but honestly, cigs are so pricy and negative towards your health id advise you not to pick up the habit, I highly regret ever picking up the habit myself.

4. Same for me man if I take a little drag of a cig I start coughing

5. Cigs are produced to hit nicely.

6. i only smoked a primetime cig one time, woke up next day chest hurts, lungs hurt when i breathe in. fuck that shit, weeds never done that to me

7. i dont like cigs but when ive smoked them in the past i cough, but so does weed sometimes so i guess it really depends on you

8. At a party once i was handed a cig ( i dont smoke cigs ) and i was busy with something so i grabbed it without looking and thought it was a joint and took a huge rip, thinking it had to be the biggest pull off of a joint ever.

9. heres how it was for me i smoked bud before i smoked cigs well i smoked cigs before but never knew about inhaling weed was harsh for me and made me cough but i got used to it then i took one puff man it was just fuked i felt like i was going to cough my guts up so i said to myself never smoking a cig then when i had practise with cigs i was able to inhale any big hit without coughing then i smoked some weed and it was harsher than the cig so idk and this was good bud anyway i quit cigs bad for your health and RUINS your high for some reason even if you have cig chemicals in your system and you havent smoked 1 in a day itll still ruin your high but after you stop for a week youll notic a way stronger high i noticed i was getting addicted to cigs so i quit was hard for the first 2 months but now i can easily go without a cig and never touching 1 again

10. I don't cough from either. When I smoke cigarettes (around once every 6 months).

I think weed is harsher only because tobacco smokes smoother.

11. I find weed smoke EASIER to inhale. If you have a bong with ice, you barely feel anything. On the other hand, have you every tried INHALING a cig? Like straight up breating it in? It rips the shit of my throat. Tried smoking a cig after a few months of weed, for curiosity. Was my first and last time. Disgusting.

12. Ever tried inhaling a cigar?

13. I meant CIGAR actually :D. That shit is impossible to inhale.

14. I kinda figured that actually since cigars totally rip up your lungs. Although I inhale them because they provide quite a rush and I usually only smoke them once in a great while.

15. I smoked green for a while before cigarettes, only started cigarettes while on probation but i think cigarette smoke is less harsh. the only time i smoke now is if one of my friends has a cigarette after smoking or drinking and the biggest problem i have is hitting the cigarette like its a joint after smoking

16. That's because cigars have thicker, more alkaline smoke which is a lot harsher on the lungs and throat.

Once you're used to smoking cigs they literally feel like nothing going into your lungs. The smoke from a cigarette is a lot thicker and has more tar than weed smoke so if you're used to smoking weed and try smoking cigs, it will be difficult to inhale it without feeling that harshness or coughing.

Dank weed will always have a certain kick to it when you take a huge rip. This can vary strain to strain, but cigarettes are chemically enhanced to smoke smoothly so once you get used to the smoke it feels like nothing.

Don't start cigs though, stick to your weed.

Also, if you smoke you will be able to rip massive weed bowls. Well at least I can, even though I don't smoke often. It was enough to condition my lungs.

17. if it was your first time of course your going to cough everybody does, I remember my first hit of a cig I cough like crazy and thought it was gross, but I kept it up for some reason. now 5 years later Im paying for it, can't breathe, can't run, can't do shit because of cigarettes, so I quit and and now I'm poaying for quiting by coughing up so much junk from my lungs and getting migraines because I cough so much can't even enjoy weed anymore because any type of hit big or super small I cough for 10 minutes strait and I get a migraine and loss my high, so my opinion is to never ever get started because you will regret it years later and then its hard to quit

18. Cigs are made where the more you smoke them the more you like them and the more they destroy your health, while weed is just harsh because it's heated plant matter and nothing else

19. I know weed varies depending on dankness, but with super dank, I usually cough maybe a once, and it just hurts my throat, not my lungs. With mids I barely even notice I'm smoking. With a cigarette, the tiniest hit sends my lungs out of the universe.

20. i'm not sure, but cigarettes have tons of additives that make it easier to inhale without coughing your brains out. they also have chemicals and allow better freebase nicotine absorption, which means it's more intense and easily goes through you

[​IMG]

weed is harsh if it's straight up hot smoke. blunts are usually just harsh because of the tobacco leaf. i think it depends on your experience with either. someone who smokes cigarettes a lot can still be bothered by smoking a joint, while someone who smokes joints a lot, like myself, can still cough on a cigarette

but god damn who wouldn't wanna smoke this shit!

[​IMG]