Weed and Christianity, WTF

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Brigade, Aug 21, 2013.

1. So, I'm pretty stoned, and maybe I'm just ranting. But it really upsets me the way that people feel towards me as a person being a Christian stoner. 

For example tonight, was hanging out with a boy, smokin and vibin. He wants to roll up again and grabs a a book to roll on, and grabs my bible. I told him, "Bro, you can't break it up on that" and handed him a clipboard. 

Then he starts joking me about it, and, of course, I get a little offended, and let him know. Like dude, just drop it. Why it a big deal? But he just keep going, so, Lord forgive me, I went the fuck off. 

And I see this all the time. The attitude from a majority of weed smokers is so affected by my Christianity. When I talk about it, or refuse to partake of something due to it. I am by no means a straight-laced ultra conservative, I smoke a lot of weed, had my tift with the Dallas rave scene, still experiment time to time. 

What is the deal with this? I feel like people judge my religion and not my faith. And when I try to explain it, they just like WTF? Don't judge what I believe based on how others act. Stoners should know that more than anything.

I know Christians can be ignorant assholes. I'm a gay guy who was born and raised in a farming town in East Texas. But stoners can also be lazy and worthless. 

All I'm saying is...

Leave me and Jesus out of it.

2. I can't believe you could ever be gay and want to be a Christian.

3. I would have done the same.

Sometimes I hear of people using Paper from a Bible as a rolly, And I'm like tf man lol

4. I don't want to be a Christian I am a Christian. Why does me being gay affect that?

5. What do you mean you ARE a christian? It's a choice. You don't have to be if you don't want to...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Exactly, I do want to be a Christian. I don't see why any stoner wouldn't want to be. No materialism, compassion, being kind, living as a brotherhood of man, etc.

its just weird to me stoners dislike people who follow Christ so much (in general)

7. No offense at all

But I think a lot of people that smoke and are contemplative come to realize that a book written by 40 authors doesn't prove that god existed.

Also how can you know if you are gay if you follow the ten commandments and have not had sex until marriage (which to my knowledge gay marriage is not legal in Texas).

Again no offense but it is the same thing that you are asking for. They choose not to believe in god or be religious and look down on people who are religious. Just like you are looking down on them, for looking down on your beliefs.

8. believe what you believe. people always think about the majority which in this case is usually some die hard christian who is against drugs and all that. conflict will probably occur a lot regarding this topic considering so many people are quick to judge nowadays. its best to keep a level head and just ignore it, at least thats what i would do.. not everyone is going to accept who you are and most will bash it without fully understanding your beliefs. sorry man but this world is pretty fucked nowadays :\\

9. A gay, Texan, stoner, christian. Wow.

More power to you, though.

Here's the thing. People always think they're right. And when some young teenage boy raised in a (moderately) Christian household starts to believe there is no God, it's an amazing discovery. He wants to tell everyone why God doesn't exist. He wants his friends to come to the same realization that he did.

I know because I was that boy.

But the thing that I and other stupid teenage boys like me didn't realize is that religion is personal. And you can't argue to someone to convert them to another religion. You have to let every person decide what to believe. 

The OP is a rare case. His experiences and interactions led him to the conclusion that there's a God, and that his son Jesus is the example of how humans should behave. He can't just not be a Christian. You can't just stop believing. But this doesn't contradict his feelings toward men. For whatever reason, God instilled those feelings in OP.

Just because the Bible is anti-gay, doesn't mean Christianity is anti-gay. You can't tell him what his religion should be. 

The bottom line: respect other people's religions. :)

10. I think it's funny how everyone seems to judge you for this. All the stoners I know couldn't care less. Tell em remember bob Marley was a Rastafarian (a branch of Christianity).

Being a Christian and Christians themselves seems really good other than the God and Jesus part. IMO

11. I only have a problem with the Christians who try to force their beliefs onto other people

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I don't care if the person I'm smoking/chilling/drinking with is an atheist like myself, a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Sikh, Hindu etc. What I care about is do I get on with them, and that's about it.

13. #13 TheDude90, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013

Yeah but didn't his religion kill him? Instead of amputating his toe (because his religion wouldn't allow it) he let the cancer spread and eat away at him. Unless Wikipedia is lying to me. 

14. As long as you aren't shoving that bible in your friends face, he has no right to touch it. Though I find it strange anyone could be a gay, weed-smoking Christian, you raise a good point about religious tolerance. I've been both the Christian who wouldn't shut up about Jesus, and became the atheist who wouldn't shut up about Christians, and realized both of those people were just assholes. Avoid the assholes. There are tolerant people of all religions out there, except Westboro.

15. #15 Old School Smoker, Aug 21, 2013
    How dare you! You judged your friend for wanting to break up bud on your bible, and yet you don't want any retaliation. How selfish.

If you were to make a common sense decision to save my life, I would not trust you. I would be thinking, "this guy think he will burn in hell if he breaks up bud on a bible"

16. You came to the wrong place for advice.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I knew a Hindu that once got offended when I placed the picture of her god face down when I was trying to sleep (it was a clock and had a loud tick) as if somehow doing so affected her god.

What an honour to use your holy book to roll something you consider important, and for some, holy. Jesus may very well have used cannabis himself. The bible may be full of other people's ideas, but it still represents something that MJ was very real for, especially when it came to anointing.

It's all about belief and perspective. To some, your book is just a book. It contains words, but it's always the spirit that matters, and the spirit cannot be affected by using it another way. I can assure you if I needed a shit and the bible was all there was around me that could be used as toilet paper (no way to wash - which I do usually anyway) then some of it would end up down the toilet. To some, hearing that, would seem offensive almost blasphemous idk. But what I choose to do with it makes no difference to anyone else's belief.

There are other books that I personally love, and might have to sacrifice some of it under similar circumstances. Only difference is I might take more care as to what pages I sacrificed, and how much I needed. So to act as if the need to use a book to roll up with, that any other book would be acceptable, is somehow wrong, is only down to some belief you hold. You're entitled to hold it, but he's entitled to make something of it too.

18. I respect religion. Probably one of the only people on this site that defends it from time to time. Yet, I don't know if I still believe in Christianity anymore.

But in the bolded part I am confused. I am totally cool with you being gay. I am just puzzled because you are gay in the Christian faith? Does this interfere with your religion at all? Because Christians believe being gay is a sin. 

I am just curious as to what it is like being a gay Christian is all. How it works, etc. Don't want to be offensive. It's just different, not a bad thing. 

19. As far as you being who you are - good luck to you. A gay Christian can be an oxymoron to some, and a texan, not always known for their compassion, makes the idea of expressing forgiveness interesting as I believe Texas is the state that executes the most people. Your saving grace is being a stoner, which for many Christians means you're not really christian, yet may in fact make you more Christian then they realise.

But even if you give yourself this label, you are still just you. Free to pick and choose what works for you if you wish.

20. #20 Firestorm60, Aug 21, 2013
    I personally don't see the big deal about rolling up on a bible.

But if someone told me not to roll up on the Bible, I would say "OK" and use something else.

But on the flipside, you can probably find some Christians who say, "God gave us weed, and rolling up on the Bible brings the weed closer to his holy word." :smoke: