Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and Anti Depressants

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ig4m3r, Oct 28, 2011.

1. I have been toking almost everyday for the past year and I am on anti depressants as well. They have been changed twice in that duration. My question is - Does smoking and anti depressants cause any issues?

If anyone is interested, I am on Lexapro 20mg daily.

2. I wouldn't think so. I have a friend who takes Lexapro and she smokes often and hasn't seen any negative affects.

3. Stop using those dangerous anti-depressants pills, and get yourself more weed man. Use leafly.com to find what strain makes you feel happy, uplifted, relaxed and helps you with your depression. Or get yourself an Medical Marijuana Pass if your state allows you.

Weed will never harm you, and will never cause any issues combined with any other substances. Weed is known as one of the safest substances known to man. :cool:
    Weed is the best anti-depressant. ;)
    DK :smoke:

4. the problem is that you assume the anti-depressants work in the first place

>___>

5. Yeah...don't listen to this guy. There's a lot we don't know about weed and how it interacts with other drugs. I bet smoking weed after taking a blood thinner would cause all sorts of issues, however you should be okay with the anti-depressants (weed works on a different part of the brain that most prescription anti-depressants iirc, so they don't interact).

I'd drop the anti-depressants altogether if I was you though. Smoke weed every day, and all your sorrows melt away.

6. I smoke weed and I'm on anti depressants and anti rejection pills...also smoked it on blood thinners and I'm fine...I've even checked my blood pressure while smoking and would barely drop if any...and yes anti depressants work (for me anyways) because if i dont take them I start over analyzing and worrying about everything..weed just made it worse

7. I don't think so. I had a girlfriend who took anti depressant and smoked um a lot.. she was always fine

8. I was on them one time (not the same ones I'm not gettin all specific here) and I had thoughts of suicide and all kinds of shit, then I started using them in ways not directed.

Basically played the last 45 seconds of the commercial in my life.

"Not to be used other than as directed by a physician. May have thoughts of suicide. May get fucking blasted off them illegally. May have violent bloody diarrhea in 17 minute bursts."

9. Well you could ask a doctor. I dont think doctors care that you smoke weed, and they wont call the cops on you.

10. "Cannabis is the only anti-depressant you will ever need."

11. they do work... they actually worked too well for me... my mother could have been brutally murdered right in front of me and my response would have been "wow, she's having a shitty day"....

I wouldn't comment on a subject unless you have first hand knowledge... some people need them, why the snide comment though? the question was if the two combined were an issue, not your take a pharm drugs and if they work.... where's the hate button

12. Anti-depressants
    Controlling tools of your system
    Making life more tolerable

13. I looked into this. Where can I acquire this amazing creation in Australia?