Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed and anti depressants?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aidenmurrey, Apr 24, 2010.

1. any experiences? how does the anti depressants alter the weed high? or does it at all?

2. its a non issue. i have personal experience for about 6 months now but go ahead and research on google, your good to go.

3. I have a friend who has a bad case of Bipolar Disorder and smoking weed is somehow negating the effects of the drugs he's been taking. I don't think he has anti-depressants but I would look into it more before doing anything.

Besides...being high should be good enough lol

4. most of bipolar medicine is classed under antipsychotics not anti-depressents.

5. I'm on 300MG sertraline daily... and am ALWAYS high.
    No problems as far as I know, but beofre I started taking Zoloft i had panic attacks while high and always ended up sick.

It's a Serotonin re-uptake inhibitor... If I'm correct, THC only affects the transmitter Dopamine.
    GABA as well, but that's different.

6. Spoke with a psychiatrist about this, apparently weed disrupts the sensors where the anti-depressant chemicals enter the brain, so it basically renders them useless. I have OCD, and I notice that the symptoms are more frequent the days after I smoke.

7. Yeah wasn't sure. But thanks for the lesson lol, I learned something today.

8. I'm on Depakote and Zoloft... and smoke daily.
    Haven't had any adverse side effects yet.

The closest to a side effect would be burnout but that's because I smoke daily, all day.