weed and adhd...?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by phantomxrider, Jan 15, 2010.

1. hello all, i have some kind of a question. i didnt exactly know where to post it, so if im in the wrong spot my bad in advance :)

background: (you can skip to the question if you like)
    anyways, recently two of my brother's friends started smoking, and from what i can see, theyre pretty much being dumbasses about it. for example, one kid carries a pipe and weed in his sock/sleeve, walks around the suburban neighborhood and darts into the woods for a toke. usually i wouldnt advise against this, but lately the 5-0 has been paTrolling because of a bobcat scare, and in a white suburban naighborhood with newbie kids coming out of the woods stoned (and dont know how to handle it either)....anyways, bad idea. so the other day my brother told me that he kind of wants to try it. ive already explained to him the perks...anti tumorous, non addicting, even healthy, etc...so he kind of already knew i smoked. so i told him straight up, "listen lil man, your friends are cool. but when theyre smoking theyre being dumbasses about it and might get caught. theyre not disciplined enough. so if you ever want to smoke, i want you to smoke with me for the first month or so, ok?" he thought that was a good idea.

now the question:
    he has a bad, bad case of adhd/add. to put it into context, he was assigned a 40 question test, and in one hour he only got 4 done. he has support classes, etc. and really struggles in math. do you think weed would make this worse?

ive been around the herb for a long, long time but have never been put in this kind of scenario. i couldnt say i experienced it because i was lucky and wound up in honors classes for one reason or another. as you can imagine i love my little brother to death, so all im doing is looking out for him. any advice? and thanks in advance.

2. It seems like the threads here at GC are getting harder and harder to decipher/translate lately :confused:

If your brother(?) is already having that much trouble, I don't think throwing Cannabis into the mix is going to make much of a difference. I wouldn't sweat it. It might even help him a little bit, hard to say.

Definitely not something to spend time worrying over however.

3. it wouldn't hurt to try.
    i wish i had an older or younger brother to smoke with.
    i say go for it.:)
    my cousin has autism and i'm kinda thinking of slipping him a hash brownie without him knowing just to see how it turns out.

4. If anything it will help chill him out and keep him a little more focused. I have a buddy who has adhd he smokes and he acts like a weirdo but he does that normally as long as you aren't letting him do it all the time he should be fine.

5. well if hes on aderall or any other adhd med he shouldent be smokin with it. weed fucks with the meds and makes it unenjoyable. actually some people might like it but from what ive heard, it blows

6. theres actually alot of studies that say weed is a good thing for adhd. I dont know how bad your bro is. I have adhd at least thats what the doctors told me in elementary school, they gave me ritilan. It worked, but if you look it up ritilan is basically synthetic cocciane. In college is when I found weed, and I really dont think I wouldve graduated without it. I really hate math, but on weed I could do economics like nothing.

7. how old is he?
    if you are sure he can try it once and not do something dumb then why not reward him for doing good in school with a sesh on the weekends