Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed and addiction.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Professor Brom, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Here's my story.

I am addicted to marijuana. I haven't smoke since three months, but I love it so much that I don't wanna give up. It does not affect you physically, but it does make you psychologically dependent.

Well, I started smoking when i was 17. I am 18 right now. My GPA is 4.00, yea you heard it right. I am one of the best students in my highschool, so you can forget that myth which says that weed makes you lose brain cells. Fuck that shit.

Weed is so beautiful that it's ugly.

When I first started smoking weed, I had a lot of fun. I always smoked with lots of friends, and we had good laughs together. I become very paranoid after I smoke. It feels like tripping. So after a while, I started feeling different when I was high. I was thinking more about the actions that my friends made, and when I thought about it, they didn't make sense.

I started smoking alone, every day. It was nice, I had a lot of time to relax and to think about my stuff. I used to draw stuff, and listen to some music. After several months, the things I used to like lost their importance. I wasn't having fun when I played MW3, I wasn't having fun when I listened to music.

I always wanted to be high, 24/7. I started to smoke and sleep to kill some time. It made me a lazy person. I would really consider myself smart. I am not stupid but weed made me so lazy that I didn't even wanna think when someone asked me or told me something.

You start to lose your social relationships.

My parents learnt about it. They were against drugs, and thought that i was a junkie or something. Trust me it wasn't nice.

To all the newbies who will start smoking on a regular basis, I will ask you that you don't. If you wanna smoke, do it maximum 2-3 times a week so that you won't get used to the high feeling. Because when you get used to it, it feels odd to be sober so you wanna be high all the time.

Weed is amazing, everything is better when you are high but after a while all the things lose it's importance.

Sorry if i have any grammar errors, english is not my main language.

PS: Weed is addicting yes, but not physically. I stopped smoking 3 months ago, and haven't smoked since.

• Like Like x 1
  2. it's called self control. smoke everyday if you want to but you have to be strong enough to stop if it becomes a problem

3. I stopped dude, if you are referring to me. I still miss it after a hard day at school.

You will always miss it.

4. of course you miss it. but you fill that with other things, books, music, relationships. a balance is needed in all things

5. None of that shit happens unless you let it happen.

You lost social relationships= your own fault
    Being lazy and sleeping= your own fault

6. when i started smoking, i smoked like 3 times a week half way through the school year, and the next summer i smoked every day with a friend whos dad grew some good bud. i personally smoked, ate, took a nap, woke up around noon, smoked, then played football the rest of the day till around midnight.after summer i had to quit for about a month and a half, so i started to read a lot

7. #7 Allkushedup, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    i dropped out and im addicted

8. I smoke every day but never IN the day, i get everything that needs to be done first, then at around 9/10pm i have a few bowls, this seems the best way to make sure it doesn't control you.

9. Exactly. You need to smoke after you finish all the shit you need to do.

10. What do you mean i need to? I don't at all, if someone stole all my weed, i wouldn't be ill, i wouldn't die, but if i was on crack, and someone stole it all, i'd be ill as FUCK, i smoke because it improves the quality of my life, even if that is laughing like fuck at South Park, i'm not addicted, there's just NO reason to stop, why would i stop? In case i get cancer? oh wait, i'm actually at a reduced risk of cancer by using it.

11. What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

12. Fuck cancer dude. I smoke a pack of marbs every day and i also do plenty of sports. I'm good. I am not talking about health issues. You tend to be lazy when you smoke. That's a truth about weed. You cannot study. Even if you do, you will probably forget it.

Do not brainwash yourself. Weed is fun yes, but that doesn't mean that you should be high all the time.

13. It's great that you don't confine yourself to the stereotypical imagine of a "stoner". That being said, if someone wants to smoke everyday then be it. I truly don't believe there is any psychological harm, long and short term. As long as you have the right mindset, why the fuck not? If you don't let the substance control you then it could only benefit you. From my understanding, it just sounds that you let the substance take control of you (I.E. Being lazy and shit). Ive been smoking everyday for the past year or so and nothings changed. I still workout everyday (not just go to the gym, actually workout), my gpa is 3.0 (in community college. Could easily be a 4.0 but I never put in effort, and that's my fault because that's my natural mental mindset), and I'm not any lazier than I was before. However, I will say that my social life has dimmed down greatly, which is good and bad. I'll never stop smoking ganja, just because it helps me develop this natural sense of calmness and peace. And it's not harmful to your health so fuck it.

14. Its not weeds fault that all happened. You let things spin out of control. Learn some priorities and self control.

15. Sorry for the double post but everything addictive. When everything shares a common attribute, then you can't use it as an argument. Peanuts can be addicting, depending on the mindset of course.

16. Bro, if you had fallen in love, and couldn't stop thinking about that love for 3 months after seeing whoever/whatever you're in love in with, you wouldn't be addicted to love.

You would be wanting that love back. You want to smoke weed.

This isn't addiction. Addiction is when you can't help it.

Want to know addiction? Talk to my brother, who injected a certain drug into his veins to get high. After 3 weeks, he was only injecting because of how absolutely insane he went when the withdrawals kicked in. Things like physical sickness(cold sweats, throwing up, shaking, seizures) happened all the time. But the mental withdrawals, paranoia, anxiety, manic depression, bipolar disorder, and (always) rage is what really bugged him.

To quote my brother, "After a while man, you don't do those hard drugs to get high, you do them so you get normal and don't want to die every moment of your life."

You're not addicted. You're scared you're addicted, but really, you just want to smoke a joint.

17. [quote name='"moonman840"']Its not weeds fault that all happened. You let things spin out of control. Learn some priorities and self control.[/quote]

Exactly, weed isn't the cause of anything. Also I (I, ME, MY OPINION) that while I'm high it's easier to focus and do my math homework, have been smoking regularly for 2 years and am doing fine in college with lots of friends! If you are lazy and you get high, you will be lazy. If you are productive and get high chances are you could also be productive...weird eh.

18. everything can be addicting: gaming, gambling, eating, working out, etc just take everything in moderation and dont let it control your life. sorry to hear that u had to learn that the hard way. but you learn from your mistakes

19. When I first started smoking I got pretty lazy because all I wanted was to be high. But in reality I want to be productive and out enjoying life. So I learned how to be productive while high. I wouldn't say it makes me MORE productive but I can do anything I'd do sober. It just took some adjustment. If I hadn't made that adjustment, smoking would be getting in the way of things, but I did, so it doesn't. Smoking doesn't make me anything I wasn't already.

20. ur just mentally weak bro (with all due respect)