Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed amounts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by begginingpotheads, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Can someone show me how much is a gram, 1/8, 1/4, ect.
    Im new to smoking and would like to be able to differentiate between the amounts

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. All weed looks different and has different amounts of density so there is no average size of a gram or any other weight. I suggest you go buy a cheap pocket scale (you can get decent ones for like $8 on ebay with free shipping) so you will always know what weight you are getting.

3. Yeeahhh.......................................get a scale.

4. Like everybody is gonna tell you, get a scale. Seriously dude only little noob fools don't use scales. You gotta make sure you're not getting ripped. Weed looks different you can't just eyeball it. Some strains are more dense or less. Anyways, its good to atleast have a general idea of what it looks like. Go to that link I'll post. Its not a virus or anything its reddit. Got everything you need to know. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/1kw7l2/picture_guide_to_weed_amounts_and_quality_xpost/

5. This is what a gram looks like, if it don't look like this your getting ripped off!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418163289.757519.jpg

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

LITTLE NOOB FOOLS.....

7. weed is measured in weight so when some one says a gram they literally mean a grams worth of weed  when you get into 8ths and above you are measuring by ounces so an 8th is 1 8th of a ounce once you get above ounces you get into pounds and so on don't try to eyeball it because you wont be able to tell the weight you need to buy a scale they are fairly cheep this is the one i have used for a few years http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-AWS-1KG-BLK-Signature-Digital/dp/B002SC3LLS/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1418163663&sr=1-4&keywords=scale there are plenty of other scales to chose from and any head shop should have them or i think i saw them at walmart once anyway they are easy to find look in kitchen

8. Seems like nobody even bothered to read the question, just trash the OP for not having a scale. 

The amounts will NEVER change. This is based on math and not street talk.

Start with an ounce.

1 ounce = 28 grams   <- This is math, this will never change, an ounce will always be 28 grams

Now comes the slang, if you want to use it.

An 8th means just that. An 8th of an ounce. 28 (1 ounce ) divided by 8 = 3.5 grams. Again this amount will never change. So if you get an 8th and weigh it out, it better be 3.5 grams or more. Anything less and you're technically getting shorted.

A quarter or "4th" is 1/4 of an ounce. Again I'm sure you can do the math. 28 / 4 = 7 grams

A half is just that. Half an ounce. 28 / 2 = 14 grams.

After that it's just an ounce.

Now for bulk.

A QP is a quarter of a pound. 1 pound is 16 ounces. 16 / 4 = 4 ounces

1 qp is 4 ounces

a HP = half pound = 16 ounces divided by 2 (half) = 8 ounces.

These amounts will never change because this is based on math.

So if someone gives you 3 grams, that's not an 8th.

That's what the OP was wanting to know.

9. #9 wanderingtoker, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    Sorry, I was wrong.

10. #10 As Above So Below, Dec 10, 2014

Oh, I didn't get that at all.

11. Thank you so much kind sir or madam!

12. #12 wanderingtoker, Dec 10, 2014
    Earlier statement redacted. Apologies to as above.