Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed - Ammonia Smell?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FloraFauna, Jul 27, 2015.

1. #1 FloraFauna, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    halp.
    I purchased some "highs" the other day. I got home and jarred them while I finished a different strain I had.

When I opened the jar after about 24 hours, there was a very heavy ammonia smell. I've included pictures in various lights and backgrounds from today because they photographed differently in each setting.

I know these weren't sprayed with Chemicals (ie. ammonia or windex). What I've deduced is one of three things:

a. this weed could have begun curing before it was around 15% humidity, so it was dried improperly. Solution: I can take the nuggets and let the air dry for a while and then re-jar them.

-or-

b. the ammonia smell is indicative of mold and the nuggets are trash.

-or-

c. this is a weird piss smell strain of weed

I've looked over these nuggets and don't see any mold, but to be honest, I've never seen any weed with mold in real life - just looking for some more experienced eyes.
    NOTE: the smell dissipated more quickly once they weren't in a jar, however the ammonia smell has lingered slightly now for at least 10 hours.

Thanks!
    Danielle

IMG_2717.JPG

Attached Files:

2. probably cat piss strain I got some real stinky purple voodoo for a while

3. Some strains have a chemical like smell to them so I'd smoke it. Once I had some Chemdawg that smelled like a gas station.

4. I'm assuming you guys took a look at the pictures? :)

I feel like they definitely get me high, but I am feeling paranoid about smoking mold covered weed!

5. Yea the pics look clean to me. Mold spores are usually little white dots that will stick out. I see nothing but trichomes on your buds. Happy toking!

6. Nothing but glorious trics in those pics. One of my favorite strains ever was a slightly cat piss, ammonia, skunky type smelling strain. Man that shit really fucked you up and it just took a nice little morsel of it and it knocked you right down.

• Like Like x 1