Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed abstinence for Lent

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FCFondler, Mar 12, 2010.

1. #1 FCFondler, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    I just realized i haven't blazed since 2/25 b/c of a flu which unintentionally makes me applicable for Lent (the days seem flexible anyway). The fire sacrifice, Raja Yoga, is what should be done in the name of the immutable, but anyone else lenting bud?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5nIxNlhAD0]YouTube - Crux Fidelis/Pange Lingua - Good Friday (Gregorian chant)[/ame]

Divinating dank = Glory to the highest

2. I dont observe lent myself but thats admirable of you to give up ganja for it...I hate the people who do lent but give up something that means absolutely nothing to them..whats the point if it wont be a SACRIFICE? Hope all is well brotha :wave:

3. i gave up broccli. im going to heaven

4. thats what i did last year, but this year im just giving up carbonated beverages... which includes alcohol... but thats a lot easier than giving up weed.

5. Good idea, sacrificing the right to think for yourself is a sure fire way to get into heaven.

6. I know what you mean.

Giving up chocolate, just like being nailed to a cross. :rolleyes:

7. LMFAO!!!!!

And that's cool I guess whether it be for religious purposes or just for whatever. I've never really practiced lent before except when I was younger my mom wouldn't let me eat meat (she's Catholic) on Good Friday but we never gave up doing something for 40 days or however long that shit is. Now that I'm 20 and allowed to think for myself lol and am agnostic my mom doesn't make me go to church or give up eating meat for lent or whatever it is you're suppose to do anymore :) and she thinks I'm an atheist now (lolSATAN)

8. i dont practice Catholicism like I use to. I am about to start readig the Bible though. I just don't like going into a Catholic church in "street clothes" and being judged in a place where we shouldn't judge. :/

9. Lol those religious nuts praise the bible so much yet they forgot the lil section on where they shouldn't judge. Reason #34894666124 I hate religion :rolleyes: but they shouldn't give a fuck what you're wearing. You go there for you, not for those pricks. Don't let them get to you.

10. Not this year, ill probably do it next year. I gave up my largest addiction...facebook. And props to you, giving up something u really enjoy as a sacrafice is amazing and the Lord recognizes that.

P.S. I believe that marijuana is a sacrireligous practice in the catholic church. Thats wat my priest told me.

11. Not to hate, but are you giving something up becuase "Uh, thats just what we do for lent" or are you giving something up because it has a deep theological reason to you?

12. Well I was reading a book on atheism and it's known that a great majority of people who read the bible end up doubting more their religion due to the high number of contradictions in the bible.

I'm atheist so I aint' giving up shit, weed would be hard, cigarettes would be so much harder.

13. #13 FCFondler, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
    Exactly, I overheard some chubby woman on a cardio machine at the gym say she was giving up cheese...

Marijuana is the most meaningful thing to me that money can buy. I feel like life is suffering w/o it, so lenting it is the most meaningful sacrifice i could undertake.

As a philosopher, theologian, and ascetic stoic I should stress that Christianity (religions in general) should be taken symbolically. There are mystics (contemporary Jesus's) who are able to perform mindblowing feats that cant be disregarded. Concepts of devils, demons, heaven/hells, mythologies, etc. should be disregarded. I've stopped eating meat for a year and that isn't hard at all, we dont require it, just protein shakes; when vegans refuse eating eggs/fish in supplements, thats just faggotry b/c ur health requires it.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRH9dl6LU4]YouTube - Krishnamurti - New York 1928, Ojai 1930[/ame]
    [​IMG]

The full story is i'm waiting to see if a girl who i'm hopefully going to see on vacation will blaze too, making the break worthwhile. Calvinism epseically emphasizes that the body is a temple/gift/vessel that shouldn't be polluted so that means no cigarettes, wine, etc. Bud has to be the exception if there is one, considering that it promotes doxology hehe.

theosis and coincidence/synchronicity

(cigarettes are chemically addictive and therfore not in the same classification of worth)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7yf9GJUfU&feature=related]YouTube - Dawkins in Lynchburg VA (part 1) The God Delusion[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phgb67NAaHA]YouTube - Part 1 - Dinesh D'Souza Debates Peter Singer[/ame]

14. Hey, right on then man, and thats a pretty cool article. thanks.

15. Theology aside, it'll make for a nice t-break! It'll also give you a pretty decent sense of self-control, much unlike giving up cheese, soda, or something less meaningful to you.

I don't follow a certain religion, and have never given something up for Lent, but I've certainly taken breaks from smoking bud. It feels good to take a break sometimes.

16. I got a nice little T break out of lent because I originally stopped smoking. Then I started smoking again because I had some money. I really should do that more often.

17. I was raised Catholic, but not strict. I believe that lent is a good concept that should be practiced because it shows how strong willed a person is. The idea of giving up something you treasure far more than anything else for 40 days and 40 nights is a great testimony to your internal strength. While, I don't believe bud is great enough of a thing to me to give up, I respect you for doing so.

Good luck man.