Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed abroad

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Easy_Skanking, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Title could be misleading, but please read on.

So as someone who hasn't left the western world, I'm fucking excited about going to India in a month. However I'm curious about something my friend mentioned to me last year.

He went to the US over the summer, so didn't toke for about 2 months prior. His reasoning was, that if he for some reason got a DT there and had residual THC in his system, he could have been deported. I'm not sure what to make of this. I know they tried to kick John Lennon out of the US for the same reason.

So my question is: Bad idea to toke up to the day before I go to a foreign Asian country?

2. I don't see why that'd be a problem, I've had lots of friends go to Europe, (making particularly long stops in Amsterdam) and they smoked the day I drive them to the airport, a ton in Amsterdam, and still make the rest of their trips around Europe and back home with no drug tests

I've never heard of anybody getting a DT when going through customs, but I haven't traveled out of the country yet so I might be mistaken

I'd say you're safe, but I'm not an expert on the matter, so if you're worried, better safe than sorry eh? you could always just detox for like a week or 2 before going

3. It's more in case anything happens whilst I'm there that requires me to have a blood test. Also the week before I'll be taking prescription drugs for malaria and anti-shits, and I'm not sure how it will affect.

4. Oh yeah I understand; then I have no idea bro; if the risks outweigh the benefits just detox and dont smoke before or during your trip

better safe than sorry:D

5. All I know is that people I know who have flown from Holland to Thailand, the US, Marocco, Tunisia, and Australia have all not been tested for drugs. Also, within Europe, the borders are all open, meaning you can travel from country to country without being searched or ID'd or whatever.
    So all I can tell you that relates to your question is that my friends weren't tested when they flew from Holland to America, and when they flew from Holland to Thailand and back. About other Asian countries, I don't know but I would find it hard to believe that they would drug test every single passenger.

6. i went to high school in the philippines and have been to several other countries around asia, and for the most part security (except singapore and japan, some parts of china) is much more lax than it is in the states.

with regard to drug tests, you mentioned you're concerned about anything happening there to require a drug test. unless you're going there for a career or job, i highly doubt you'll get tested for drugs without reason. if you get injured or something requiring bloodwork being done, that's a different story, but what are the chances? just be careful over there.