Weed, a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'General' started by Butter, Feb 15, 2005.

?

Is weed a gateway drug and/or addictive?(please actually think of your answer)

1. Gateway drug

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Addictive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gateway and addictive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yes, im 99% that this thread has been done before but as we get more and more people coming to the city, we get more and more different opinions.
    I totally disagree with it being a gateway drug and addictive
    But my rehab counsler told me it was a gateway drug because i started smoking weed first, and ive drank before and popped pills... and then i try to defend myself and he shuts me off and ignores me and goes to the next person. Just want to know what you all think, and think about your answer, just dont scream no because you want to think its not...

2. the reason i say its not addictive, is because ive smoked for years, and can quit whenever
    and i say its not a gateway drug because i drank when i wasnt smoking, and i never popped pills because i wasnt getting high off of weed anymore, i never have gone to harder drugs because weed wasnt getting me high anymore

3. define gateway, a gateway to the mind, a gateway to inner reflection, a gateway to experiencing the senses, a gateway to understanding
    its all of these things...
    do ya mean a gateway to harder drugs? i say yes in all honesty, without weed i would never have planned to try shrooms, salvia or anything else, its not a gateway to hard drugs but it taught me there are good drugs out there

4. I've been smoking since I was 11 and I can quit when ever. I do somewhat think its a gateway drug cause I have done other shit like Shrooms Opium Hash Dramamein and Robo trips but I think its mostly cause I'm curious not really the gaung. Well thats kinda contradicting myself but I'm high =/

5. Well, according to my mom, it is a gateway drug. I quit weed, and all drugs for now. Untill I move out most likley. But FOR ME, I think it is a gateway drug, I was the type of person that said NO I WOULD NEVER TOUCH DRUGS. Then I tried weed and liked it, but then I got ideas of wanting to try meth and heroin and all this stupid shit... Thank god I never found any... But yeah, I think its a gateway drug for SOME PEOPLE, not all people. But I can easily quit weed when I want so its not addictive...

6. I think a little bit of a gateway, but definately not because you "can't get high" anymore... I remember they told us that bullshit back in the day. That weed will no longer get you high which "forces" you to do harder drugs.... ugh, whatever!

7. God dude, good post summed up exactky what i feel...

i'd give you some rep but i gotta spread it roun first...

8. it brought me to erowid, i aint stupid, i would never try something i didnt know how to handle or didnt knowq the dose to take

if erowid didnt exist i am less sure i would have taken anything else

if i stop getting high from it, i stop, its not a hard thing to do and ots all the sweeter when i get more, i am on a break this very minute, have been for a few days, intend to for at last another 2 weeks

9. For me, it wasn't a gateway drug. I started with alcohol and then pills. ALCOHOL was my gateway drug if "they" want to say that you have to have a gateway drug before doing other drugs. I personally think that everyone's "gateway drug" is nothing more than a choice. I made the choice to drink alcohol so the gate was opened by my choice...not necessarily alcohol.

Addictive? Eh, I'd be lying if I said I didn't go through withdrawal after initially quitting when I go on breaks. However, I go through it when I break from caffeine and sugar, too.

10. Gateway in addictive, but to a point.

If you really can control yourself it wont be gateway but marijuana makes you care less, so in a way it can become gateway.. for me atleast. Its psycologically addictive to me, i really enjoy it when im having a shitty day and i really crave it at times, but i can live without it for long periods of time... there are not physical addictions for it though, that i've had.

11. One drug DOES NOT make you try another. Curiosity does.

12. weed isn NOT addictiong like niccoteen, but however it is like, addictiong in a way, cuz itsa so insane and you want to have fun, so its addictiuong like that, but i dont get cravings like to did to ciggerettes, but i quit smokin cigs

13. Weed is not addictive in my oppinion, but i do think it can be a gateway drug. i myself am not addicted to weed, i take breaks all the time. i do find it to be a gateway drug simply because it opens ur eyes to other drugs out there. I personally have not done any other drugs besides alcohol, and im not really planning to. the only other thing i might do in the future is shrooms, for the experience. but that is my limit.

14. I dont think its either...Ive been smokin for 5 years and Ive never drank smoked a cigarette or tried any other drug except for opium and it was accidental and I hated it...and sometimes i go for 3 or 4 weeks without smokin..I mean I have the money but sometimes I just dont feel the need to. And In summer I probably go 3-4 months without smoking and smoke maybe 2 weeks out of the summer

15. Curiosity killed the cat... but were human.. :D

16. I think to me its addictive not physicaly but whhen i havent had a rip on the bong i find i really want to light up and get high. Si id say im addicted but thats nit everyone else.I suppose in a way uts a getaway drug because with out the people i ve met i would have never wanted to do shrooms but thats not everyone else not me .
    Peace
    Dont fly 2 high