Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed... a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jblaze420, Jan 23, 2003.

1. i dont think theres any case where someone smokes weed then is like "all right now get me some motherflipping crack!"

i think it really depends on the person and his/her morals
    and im pretty sure they just say that to scare people from even trying it so yea...

2. Weed has nothing in it that makes you crave any drug, thats fuckin dumb.

3. weed as a gateway drug... Yes! its hard for me a average stoner to say something like this.. but once we can except the fact that it is then we can just move on and smoke even more lol..

i didnt start to smoke cigs till i started to drink.. there is nothing like a cig with a beer.. just great...

then after a while can weed.. oh sweet weed.. i stopped drinking once i started smokin everyday all day...

then came the part of being responsible so i was going to sign up for the service.. so i stopped smoking... after i stopped it felt diff not being high all the time..

so i started to drink alot and start doing pills... Def not wat i wanted but it was cheap when people gave me them to me for free...

now im proud to say im back to weed.. and a lil alcohol every so often.. no pills... worthless really..

So weed as a gateway drug yes... But just think.. No one likes to do other drugs with weed cause weed has its own unique high... imagine all the cut backs on other drugs if it was legal...

To Succeed Smoke SoMe Weed

4. sure. so is every other drug though. its just life, you do something, its cool, and it makes you wonder, 'what it would be like to do other cool things?'

5. Yep, pretty much.

If i never smoked i dont think i would have done 3/4th the shit i do nowadays but thats just me.

6. I find it sad that you've never tried acid, alcohol, or E. You missing out.

7. Weed a gateway drug, maybe to some, but I remember the first drug I ever did was related to nicotine, one of the most powerful drugs out... Later on i started drinking and eventually came across smoking, then i might have playd around with a little e and some fungi.

But the bottom line is cigarettes and chewing tobacco are the biggest gateway drugs out... I don't know many people that the first drug they did was weed.

8. if tobacco is providing a gateway to marijuana, then thats one thing its got going for it. a gateway from a harmful drug to a less harmful drug.

9. no, knowledge is a gateway drug
    Before I realized that weed was alright, I was a prohibitionist douche, so I burned all of my bridges to a connect
    When I decided I wanted to try weed, it took me a very long time to find anyone who would sell to me, and in that time, I was doing research on other drugs
    before I ever took my first toke, I decided that I wanted to try LSD, shrooms, MDMA, Peyote, and 2cb, and that I'd never want to touch Meth, crack and heroin
    3 1/2 years into being a stoner, I've learned about a lot more psychedelics that I'd want to try like DMT, Amitas, and Ibogain,
    so if weed truely was a gateway drug, I should be wanting to try heroin, crack and meth, but this just isn't the case
    weed as gateway drug=bullshit

10. I say pharmacies are the real gateway. Doctors and physicians have been getting people hooked on the real debilitative stuff for years.

11. Weed is kind of a gateway drug but marijuana just by itself is not a gateway drug. To me a combination of peer pressure, marijuana and personality will decide if you move to harder drugs. People that do coke didn't start on coke but it most probably started with mj. To move to harder drugs, it also depends on your personality and the people you hang out with. If your friends group just consists of people smoking pot and doing a few pain pills here and there chances are you won't move to heroin or cocaine. If your friends group consists of people smoking marijuana, doing coke, and popping pills chances are after you get some tolerance of mj you might move on to the harder drugs cause your surrounded by them. It also depends on your personality. If you have a addictive personality and you hang out with people who do coke and shit you have a much greater chance of doing the harder shit but still it starts with marijuana. My friends group consists of people smoking marijuana and doing xanax and some pain killers. Those are the only drugs I do. I have a addictive personality and I started off with marijuana but I don't see myself moving to coke or heroin. No one does it around me and everyone in my friends group is against those harder drugs. I guess you can say marijuana is a gateway drug because I wouldn't be doing xanax without trying weed first but it depends on your friends. If you just hang out with people who smoke mj and do nothing else you will probably just stick to mj until you get new friends who do other drugs.

12. its not. but i guess since when you try weed after hearing so much shit about it and youre like damn that was amazing you think you are being lied to about other things too

13. I personally moved on to shrooms after smoking weed, but seriously neither of them hurt your body.

14. tobacco was my gateway to weed, the only other thing i tried after is MDMA and alcohol. I'm not a drinker tho so who cares

15. the reason i dont do drugs other than weed and alcohol is because im scared of what could happen, even if its a small percentage chance of me dying or being really fucked up its enough to scare me away. The only way weed has been a gateway is it has shown me how much the government lies and leads me to believe they lied about everything else. So in a way its the governments lies that make me skeptical of the facts about other drugs which in turn leads me to want to try them because i am less scared of them.

Ive seen this same train of thought from many people which is why i think the government lying contributes more to illicit drug use than weed does.

16. weed was a gateway drug for me. or it will be, at least.
    i now want to try shrooms. although, i know that weed won't ever lead me to trying drugs such as crack or meth or w/e. but shrooms, most likely. if i can just get my hands on some.

17. me too. bummer i cant get any soon

18. this

if the government doesn't want kids to smoke weed then why teach them how with cigarettes? it doesnt make sense

i think marijuana is only illegal now because of the pharm industry (i have nothing against the pharm industry since i am working towards becoming a pharmacist) i dont know if there is a tax on medicine because i really havent had time to check these last few months but i would be willing to bet that there is and i think the stat is something like 3/4 people is on atleast one prescription med and like half of those are on 3 or more in the U.S.

if that doesnt sound like a way to make quick money i dont know what does

i just realized i went on a rant about something that wasnt even related to this thread
    oops

19. my opinion is weed is not a gateway drug.

20. Regarding shrooms, weed is more of a sidekick than a gateway (like Batman and Robin). It's definitely a good idea to smoke before/while you do shrooms