Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed... a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jblaze420, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Its easy bro. For some people it is and others its not.

2. It's only a "gateway drug" because it's illegal. If it were legal cigarettes would be the gateway drug to mj.

* 90% of crack addicts used mj first
    * 99.9% of crack addicts have been to chuch

You hear the facts people chuch is a gateway to crack!!!

3. I smoked cigarettes and drank alcohol before I started smoking weed, and since then I've quit drinking (I drink very occasionally now, maybe once every couple months or so) and still smoke cigarettes, which I'm in the process of quitting.

4. weed is only a gateway drug by how a person looks at marijuana. If they have the same outlook as most people and categorize marijuana as a "drug" along with cocaine, heroine, and acid, than yea if a person smokes marijuana it probably will lead to them trying other "drugs". but marijuana IS NOT A FUCKIN DRUG. if it is a drug its the WEAKEST FUCKIN DRUG EVER. cause i've done drugs, ecstasy is a motherfuckin drug. not weed. ain't nobody going to rehab for weed, fuck that.

5. I Totally Agree With You. The Same Exact Thing Happend To Me. Your Just Sitting Around Doing Absolutly Nothing. Then You Start Thinking About It. I Started In 5th Grade. And I Fell In Love With Bud. But I Got Into Heavier Drugs. Later On.

6. alcohol IS the gateway drug. lets see, it can lead to unprotected sex, STDs, pregnancy... tryin to fuck the cat in the driveway, whatever. its a gateway to shit you dont want or need. not to mention, im sure im like alot of people here... i tried alcohol many times BEFORE i tried smokin the reefer. and after i found weed (like 4 years ago), i said FUCK alcohol. i still drink but its once every 4 or 5 months. i smoke nearly every day. so if anything, alcohol is the gateway drug. removing all inhibitions isnt always a good thing.

7. i believe that one of the top reasons that people that do heavier drugs as well as pot use it to help come back down or to relieve night shakes and such...if it werent for that, they mite not use mj with the other stuff...soo...its illegal...but no one really knows why...another thing that me and others have talked about is the why certain drugs are illegal in the u.s. and not in other countries...answer money. the u.s would have to pay a ton in import taxes since a lot of grass is grown outside the u.s....

8. not a gateway drug. Im proof.

I smoke pot and thats it. I dont drink, no other drugs.
    but im happy with pot. dont need more.

9. i agree. compared to MJ, alcohol is THE gateway drug.

10. they also make a shit ton of money off arrests and confiscations, or w/e... i think thats why they like it illegal

11. is weed a gateway drug????

well i usually kiss before i fuck....

(thats from a movie, but i cant think of which one)

12. It's only a gateway drug if you let it be.

13. for some people it prolly is. i mean i never thought i would do anything but bud, but now i wanna do acid and shit specailly after watching fear and loathing in las vegas.

14. I disagree, weed is just something to get you high it is up to the person if that high isnt enough for them. It cannot be blamed on weed that someone smoked weed then started doin coke it would make more sense saying that some one smoked weed and it wasnt for them or it wasnt strong enough so they did something else

this is one of those things to just put bud down

15. for me, alcohol was the gateway drug to weed

16. I don't think it is a gateway drug. Some of my friends wouldn't ever touch other drugs, but they will smoke weed daily. It all depends on how you are as a person and the way you look at things. I am open to the idea of trying things because that is just me, so I have. Weed is just like anything else, the person makes the choice to try it or not.

17. I can see the gateway theory being true for some people, and usually starting with cigs or alcohol like I did. However i feel like alot of people who start with weed, alcohol, or cigarettes usually do so because that's all that's available to them when they're just starting out they're recreational drug usage. I know personally for me I was always willing to try the "harder" stuff when I was starting, but those drugs just weren't available to me so I bought my still favorite drug, weed, as well as cigs and alcohol

18. Personally I don't get the point to this gateway theory, would you rather have people plunging head-first into cocaine, heroin, meth, etc usage??
    Its not weeds fault that people usually smoke before they try hard drugs
    Its not like if weed didn't exist people wouldn't try other drugs

19. the answer is NO!
    the weed ain't the problem its the people, i started with alcohol and then one night DRUNK i asked my friend for a toke of his cig which got me into cigs, i then smoked them regular, so i figured weed isn't bad because i smoke and weed can be smoked therefore i must smoke it, but when i first got high it opened my mind to shit and i realized that i didn't need other drugs because the bud was enough to make me happy, i can function normally without it whereas some dirty fuck-up of a junkie can't, hmmmmm i thought lets not do that. so no it isn't unless you let it be, i can chong all day everyday and then stop for months at a time just like that. so can weed really even be called a drug?
    cos it's definately(sp?) not addictive.

no fukin way did that take an hour to type!
    i gotta stop hittin the bowl mid-sentence

20. People always say weed is a Gateway drug. For me I've been smoking weed for almost eight years I haven't tried anything harder than XTC and that's only been a couple of times I can count on my hands. I hate to drink and I've never snorted, shot up or injected anything so is weed a Gateway drug to me? Nope. Not at all; Just because I've tried weed and I still smoke it doesn't mean I'll be quick to get up and try something completely different.