Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed... a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jblaze420, Jan 23, 2003.

1. you're right, marijuana is usually where it all begins. simply because IT'S EVERYWHERE! it's an abundant drug, more chances arise for the first time users.

alcohol is considered a drug, as well as cigarrettes, as well as caffeine!
    at one time, in the U.S. alcohol was exactly that. an illegal drug! of course the people woudlnt stand for a dictatorship so guess what? they kept on making and selling booze!
    same goes with marijuana. it's continued to be a favorable recreational dilemma. it's just a matter of time before it becomes a legal, taxed product!
    marketed for your fatass dirty dollar.

2. Once the oldest voting block is baby boomers I predict it will be legalized.

3. If weed were around all the time. People might not drift to the meth/coke realms as much. Around here powders are bigger than green. And as a pothead, that sucks.

Moving soon though, thank goodness.

4. yo, weed can't even be compared to harder drugs. it's like sayin that playing poker is the gateway to gambling addiction...point being it's everywhere and pretty harmless in my opinion. so people do crack, but a TON more people smoke weed. i can't even talk about things like coke around most of my stoner friends because they're def not cool about it.

for sure, all the drugs i've done beyond weed started when i was drunk and stupid. getting stoned usually doesn't make me all hyper and want to do shit. in fact, when i smoke i usually look back on drugs i've done and wonder what the fuck i was thinking at the time.

it's all about time and place. make the right choices in friends and set your own limits.

5. DARE and all those anti-drug groups only make it worse
    In trying to stop use of hard drugs they group pot in with it
    And when kids try pot (which like 90% do) and find out it isn't bad they figure the same must be true of hard street drugs.
    In villafying pot they increase the use of hard drugs and turn it into a gateway drug

6. it can be a gateway drug.......matters how your personality is.........

7. i have been smokin for a long time and have never have felt the urge to smoke a fat sack of rocks, but like ppl have said depending on the person mj can be a gateway. a perfect example of this would be a close friend of mine who originally only smoked mj but then he got bored of the high and is now a full fledged pill popper cokehead and whatever else he can get his hands on. now im not sayin mj is bad but an addictive personality can easily wind up using other drugs, then again there are ppl who use hard drugs who have never smoked pot in there life so really it all just happens the way its gonna happen.

8. I my self have been smoking for a long time and I hate the thought of people doing crack, haroine, cocane, and even nasty ass cigs. Im sick of people saying weed is a gate way drug. Some people think that people are gonna get to use to the affect of weed and move on to a higher drug. Well fuck that, to me its strictly buds.

9. Well McDonalds serve gateway burgers... the gateway to being obese.

How about TELEVISION?... the gateway to lazy couch potatoes and the destruction of your mind's creative abilities...

Yet, you don't go to jail for those things....

10. I think people are missing the point here, people who don't grow and have to buy from "dealers" are often offered stronger drugs because a lot of dealers sell more than one product.
    The benefit of legalising cannabis cultivation and consumption is that it would take it out of the criminals hands, I started growing so I wouldn't have to deal with low lifes who sell crack and heroin to school kids.
    Before all the smackheads take offence you should know this "I hate coke and smackheads almost as much as I hate child molesters" and I don't care who knows it. In a way the need to consort with dealers exposes you to more drugs and more risks.

11. I've thought alot about this . it can be a gateway if you are weak minded. i started smoking weed think about 4 years ago and i did alot of research into it before i started.. and that day i said nothing but weed and some shrooms. and to this day thats all i've ever done..i've been offerd just about everything.. like as in "here dude smoke this"..just the other day it was crack and stuck to just weed. i dont want crack i'd rather not end up a crackhead or a junkie or wigged out from to much acid so i dont do anything else.. it's absolutly harmless what i've chosen as my favorite thing and its what i'll stick to :smoke:

12. anyone who does not agree with that statement has no place in this forum, IMHO.

That said, weed has sort of been a gateway drug for me. I got addicted to the nicotine from smoking blunts, so i started smoking straight up cigars and moved on to cigs to save money.

13. I used to be addicted to heroin. Does that make me a bad person? *laugh*

14. Getting hooked on herion is not your fault, and getting off of it is commendable. It's the people that sell the shit that really concern me.

15. My answer is yes, marijuana is a gateway drug. I put some thought into this the other day, and although smoking bud does lead to other drugs, its not nessicarily pot's fault. It all depends on the person. I started smoking when i was 10 years old, and since then the only other drugs i have done are mushrooms and opium. I feel that marijuana opens your mind to other things. I also know people who did start smoking pot and it led them to start doing cocaine and such, but its all on the person thats doing it. But on the other hand, I know more people who did coke, x, acid, etc. before they ever even tried marijuana. But i dont know, just my 2 cents.

16. it all depends on the person. i've been smoking for about 3 years now, and i've still never touched any other drug besides alcohol. alcohol is more of a gateway drug, cause it gives you the "fuck it" feeling. and all those anti-marijuana commercials are always good for a good laugh. there all so dumb. i feel high drivers are better than others, your terrified of everything so you concentrate on everything so much better. :rolleyes:

17. Oxygen is the real gateway drug. I started huffing that stuff long before I tried any other drugs.

18. i think that sugar, ibuprofen, acetampohen and caffeine are the real gateway drugs since their the first ones people ever do.

19. i cant even talk about the government without getting soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking angry I HATE THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!

20. why?