Website Down: Substrate Genetics

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by ogtank, Mar 27, 2016.

1. #1 ogtank, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Substrate Genetics is down and there is no information anywhere on the web explaining why (updates, server down, other excuses, etc.).

I work with one of the bigger search engines for a living and I couldn't find any information in their indexes.

All that I can tell you is that they were having HTTPS issues at first (and I had to switch to HTTP to connect), then the site went down completely.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It could just be nothing or an accident. But I know that some people like to know about things like this, so there you go.

LH&R
    -ogtank

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
    -------- RED & WHITE -------
    ---- BIG HOUSE CREW ---

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really fishy disappearing act they pulled... They delete any comment on ig asking about their site being down.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Greenline Organics is reporting them, and several other seed distributors. They were also shut down by Greenline as well. Greenline is not ethical at all, no integrity IMO when you pull shit like this for profit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Source?

• Like Like x 3
  5. #5 eromsissel, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    It is a drama saga all over IG right now. Seeing as I test grow for many breeders who are stocked by several of these distributors I ask questions when I'm ask why things are not right when people try to order. In House is also having problems with them. For a 5 month old seed distributor they seem to be creating a lot of negative noise. Seeds Here Now is cheaper anyway b/c that is where Greenline gets half the genetics they carry.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 ogtank, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    I posted this to let everyone know what I knew and because I couldn't find info anywhere else.

I really appreciate everyone's input and I don't mean this to be interpreted in a negative way at all:

I really don't want this to turn into a drama/rumor thread. So please, if you have any information regarding this topic, please make sure you have some sort of digital (something you can upload here) proof to accompany it. Not for me, just to keep everyone happy. Who knows, this could all be a misunderstanding. And until we have factual information, none of us will know for sure. So let's keep everything civil and try to help each other by sharing what we know and backing it up.

I made an order with them right before the site went down. So I am pretty ticked off as well.

Yesterday:

After all of this (the site going down completely, etc.), I received a message from another Member here (in response to the OP) that included a few photos. This person wants to remain anonymous, and I am going to respect their privacy due to the nature of all this.

This Member had made an order and went back an hour later to make another order (after forgetting something else they wanted). This Member found the site in the same condition as I found it (in the OP).

This Memeber contacted Substrate Genetics directly via SMS/Text Message to see what was going on.

Here are the screenshots I received from this Member:

The phone numbers displayed in these screenshots are not private. They are publicly displayed and accessible all over the internet as the main contact phone number for Substrate Genetics. They are not violating anyone's private information.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The phone numbers displayed in these screenshots are not private. They are publicly displayed and accessible all over the internet as the main contact phone number for Substrate Genetics. They are not violating anyone's private information.

I don't know if it's just me, but this seemed odd. I have exchanged many emails with the owner in the past and I have never received an email with replies like this. I don't know how to explain what I mean. Do you get what I'm saying? It just doesn't seem anything like him. He writes in a different way. But then again, it could be him and this Member and I are both just tripping.

I haven't tried to contact Substrate Genetics yet (by Phone/SMS/Text Message), but thought about doing it yesterday (until I received these screenshots).

I have sent Substrate Genetics (SubstrateGenetics / www.SubstrateGenetics.com) many emails with no replies, but that's it.

They have my money, and I don't know what to do now...

LH&R
    -ogtank

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
    ---- BIG HOUSE CREW ---

7. I'm not like buddy, buddy with him, but Substrate is a member on a couple forums we sponsor.

I can't remember if it's this one or not, but if anyone feels like they're getting screwed, I'd be more than happy to make sure he knows you're concerned if you want to PM me.

I do remember the one that I see him on all the time because it's small & he's in the chatbox a lot.

I don't have any inside information, but when he talks about his new site, it sounds like he's a very small operation and he definitely doesn't sound like he's running a scam.

Sherry

• Like Like x 2
  8. I think folks just wanna know if law enforcement was involved in the shut down

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's what I'm worried about.

Credit Cards, Addresses, Contact Info, Etc.

All scary stuff.

LH&R
    -ogtank

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
    ---- BIG HOUSE CREW ---

10. #10 medicatedgenius, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    DELETE

• Like Like x 1
  11. I left him a PM - no answer.
    I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Please do. I now he was having issues with other vendors on IG but it does not warrant a complete shut down and he removed his IG page as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I just wanted to let everyone know that my bank was able to reverse my money.

I got it all back.

I have been following his new IG and I've been trying to get ahold of him with really weird replies (like an auto-reply). So I dunno.

LH&R
    -ogtank

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
    ---- BIG HOUSE CREW ---

• Like Like x 1
  14. I must say after reading the posts and responses that it still seems suspect to me. I have seen this before with Brothel Bros., Trichome Kings, and Pot Pimps all seemingly legit sources for seeds run by TK1 and his brother, all ripped breeders off as well as growers. It has become such a shady industry one never knows anymore. I just hope it is not so with Substrate b/c I know a couple breeders he stocks personally and they do not deserve it, nor do the growers who have outstanding purchases.

• Like Like x 2
  15. yo so I grabbed from them on the 22nd. then I noticed their website and ig page were down and I got real sketched out. but I actually got my order, maybe I just got lucky.

i definitely see what you mean, the guy I was emailing w did not converse like that.

• Like Like x 1