Weather question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OperationFicus, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Whats the best thing to do when you got a storm on its way?:confused:

2. depends on the severity of the storm and age of your plants. more info = more detailed answer.

3. small plants maybe 2 weeks old. about 2 inches tall. And a mild storm?

4. You could always stake them up.

5. The only thing I worry about is hail, and winds stronger than 70 MPH, and being in too small of pots. Last week some strong ass winds came through here, and from my window I watched as my big girl bent almost 90 degrees sideways for a few seconds, and literally got pushed around by the winds for about 5 minutes. The main stem on cannabis is fucking MAD strong! Its like smaller stems that I worry about, and that occasionally break. I have had three stems partly break off this year due to storms, but all I did was tie them up afterwards, and they rebound.

My auto flower (that has been in a smaller, lighter pot all season) is really bushy, so the main cola is strong as fuck, but since she's so light she gets knocked over easier.

Hail is the entity that is truly damaging to any plant. Hard rains and wind though, MJ can handle pretty damn well.

6. are they in the ground or in pots? if theyre potted u could bring them inside till the storm passes. and if theyre in the ground u could stake them or cover them with a bucket or somthin till the storm passes.