Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weather Effects on your High?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ToTheDome, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Can your high be effected by the weather your in?

It's 102 degrees out today and besides the fact that smoking in the heat is miserable can it actually cause your high to decrease?

It takes me significantly more weed to get high when I smoke in the heat also.

Yes I COULD have googled it but I wanted to talk to you GC.

The Brosky :smoke:

2. Im in 100+ degree heat right now and i feel like it definitely affects my high. If i have to smoke outside it is just miserable so im not even all that sure if im getting high. And if for some reason i have to walk somewhere i will try not to smoke before because my buzz is gone in like 10 min

3. #4 ToTheDome, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  4. I honestly think the heat doesnt affect me. The cold, ehh that messes with me but when its nice and hot i love to relax with a nice cold drink. Nothing better.
    Like rebelution says, "Im feeling that herb when the sun hits my face".

5. Sometimes I feel like when it's really cold out, I don't get as baked... like somehow the cold is a damper on my high. But in terms of mood, for some reason I love when it's raining heavily and stormy.

6. i don't think weather effects the high, i think its a mental thing when dealing with extreme temps.

I dont have to blaze in the crazy heat, but come winter i used to have to blaze outside, and that was absolutely terrible. i'd come inside being half frozen, all gobbed up with snot, but i'd still be high.

7. #8 BloodLust, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    Elevated temperature causes the chemicals to activate quicker causing a quicker high. Which is why when I get in a hot tub high it will multiply your high

Same thing with Alcohol and prescription meds.

BUT a hot tub is a lot nicer than stifling 103 degree heat.

8. what do you mean the chemicals to activate ? you activate the thc by burning it/cooking it. when it goes into your body, it just goes into your bloodstream a little faster and would get to your brain and probably the same speed, and as it locks into receptors, and doesnt react with anything, so i dont understand how that would work ?

and another thing that i think opposes this is if your high and you want to sober up, maybe got something important to do, parents coming home or something, if you jump in a shower it kills your high pretty quick..

9. #10 woahx5, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    fouw twenny
    fouw twenny

10. #11 BloodLust, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Idk all the science behind it, tbh I saw it on a episode of 1000 ways to die. Some people took some pain meds and booze and the temperature made them superrrrr "high, drunk" and ended up boiling to death due to a faulty temperature gauge.

11. I always get my best highhs on rainy days, I think its because I know when it rains I can just sit and not worry about having to do anything, and I enjoy that

12. Yea bro, I cant smoke in the heat or its just worthless to me. I also like smoking at night better, no matter the temp, because i get higher at night/in the morning than i do in the day time.

I love smoking out side when its raining, but like on the screened porch so i dont get wet. I also love smoking when its really cold, It feels good.

13. In extreme temps yeah. I hate getting blazed in the freezing cold with nowhere to go, if its just outside then come back inside to the warmth then its cool

14. I hate smoking when its cold. The heat isn't that big of a deal, but the cold is a killer. I like to smoke when there's rain coming down, my favorite is a thunderstorm. If you are smoking while snow is coming down, light a fire, get some hot cocoa, and stay inside.

15. actually when i get real high the heat and sun feels better:smoke::smoke:

16. i think getting high either in the pouring rain.thunderstorm or when its been snowing, and its kinda warm ish, but there is still fresh snow on the ground, they are both lushhh :) although its hard to beat sitting on the grass looking out to sea (i live next to the coast) in the baking sun with a joint and a couple of friends :)

17. My mindset when toking seems to be better when it's cold than when it's hot. I would assume that it's probably just a mixture of mentality and personal preference.

18. I don't understand whats with people and the cold. I mean, if your in the mountains, make your own dig out in the snow, and have a nice view. Definitely a great way to have a session.