weak stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by down under, Mar 19, 2006.

1. i am getting very weak stems on my plants i put a fan on them for an hour once in morning and once in arfternoon is this to little resulting in weak stems or is there another reason:confused:

2. Yes. That is why they are week. The fan should be on in the room at least the entire time the lights are on; 24/7 would be best.

3. HIGH All, it's what I do 24/7...never turn it O.F.F.F.

It they are little seeders don't put the fan directly on them...just have it so you see the seeders moving a bit.

4. I agree... When I started adding a fan in the mix (a while back), I was suprised at how much of a difference it made. My little friends showed a very substatial improvement.

5. I read somewhere that ya dont need a oscillating fan that the leaves dry out, this was my problem (another thread I posted) since I removed the fan my leaves and whole plant seems lush and healthy so no fan for me, just the exhaust and intake fans they generate enough air circulation then to have a oscillating fan blowing on them. This help my problem so this what I figured was leading to my problems and it's working for me anyways, and by some here who swear no fan needed to blow on them. Oh and yes my stems a thick as my little finger.

6. HIGH All, sorry but air circulation is a must...don't know why you had a prob with leaves drying out...never ever have I had a problem like that because of a Fan in my room....the thing is too NOT direct the air right to the plant..just so it slightly moves it. Without air circulation you will run into "maybe" Bud rot.
    No fan may work for you Quader..but for others it is a must.

7. Best advice.

And after they beef up a little you can start low stress training. Everytime I've done this my stems get THICK and STRONG.! :)

Just use the search engine if you don't already have knowledge on the subject.

goodluck

thc101

8. I do have fans there called exhaust and intake fans they provide all the movement of air they need. I wanted to see if anyone read what I had read about oscillating fans is all, LST will do the trick like mentioned up above. But ya it worked for my problem as I only have 4 plants in confined closed up area.