weak stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gman28, May 24, 2007.

1. Everyime i try to grow a plant the stem is so weak that the plant just curls over and the stem breaks from the weight. I cant seem to find a cause. help

2. indoors , outdoors, lites ????

give us your grow details please

3. Well you were very vague, but I can make assumptions. Sounds like your plants are stretching. If it's indoors, move the lights closer. And get a fan on it, or some source of air movement, to toughen that stem.

4. i dont really know much about growing but i grow other things. if your talking about what i think your talking about. put a tall stick right next to the plant into the ground and use something to tie the plant to the stick. it will give the plant support.

5. Using indoor lights. 2 75 Watt Spot Gro lights and one flouresecnet bulb, both above the plant by at least 2-3ft. The plant is surrounded by aluminum to reflect the light

6. Get them lights ALOT closer... about 1-2 in. away..... You have anuf light to grow some nice lil plants for your first time around... If you have problems with stems being real weak... Put a fan on them that moves the leafs just a lil... When they get older the more air the better....

7. The goal is to get the lights as close as possible without burning your plants... So just remember that.. For the lights anyways...

8. If your plant doesn't get any wind it will get really weak stems no matter what.

9. Put a fan on them and get rid of that aluminum foil, get some mylar or just paint the walls white.

10. thank you all. i tried your suggestions. i think part of the problem was that made a little hill of the soil i was using all the way to the bottom of the first two blunt leaves. when i dug it back ou, i found that wat was covered by soil is very thin and weak. all your suggestions have been put in action. i hope it can work out for the best now.

11. you're most likely overwatering it! that happened to me. terrible experience and my plant died but the new one i have is coming along great bcause i dont water it that frequently...