weak stems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rtduba, May 16, 2007.

1. I have 12 plants, all about a weak old. Soil, 400W HPS, don't know the strand, seeds came from killer smoke. I plan on throwing out the males and keeping only females for transition to clone/hydro setup after the first harvest. The oldest four plants all are tiping over. The new growth then readjusts itself so it starts growing upward again but with a 90 degree crook in the stem. I 've fertilized once with 12-12-12. Leaves are bright green, stems are streaky white/deep red. I initialy had them outside in the sun for the first few days. I think I put them in the sun to early (after only afew hours of shade) but my deck was only getting 5 hours of direct sunlight. THey also germinated in the dark and didn't get any light till they were about an inch tall. I'm starting to think that was a mistake too. Anyhow, my healthiest plant is about six inches tall and looks like it wants to follow suite and fall over. Why the weak stems? What to do?

2. use sticks to prop them up for now, do you have a fan? or if not shake the stocks i little bit gentaly it helps strengtn the stocks up

3. yeah i got a fan, thanks, there just seven inches high and real spindley.