Weak Stem...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jraft, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Hey, my plant is around a week and a half into growth and the fan leaves are begining to grow... I noticed that with the extra weight from the new leaves the stem isnt supporting itself very well.. It is bent over quite a bit.. It goes up straight for about an inch and a hlaf and then curves over to around a 45 degree angle... Should i support it with a stick or somthing, or should i just leave it?
    Thanks

2. First of all, what type of light are you using and how far away is it? That could be your problem (and probably is). If you don't have enough light or if the light is to far away then the plant stretches without the stem growing strong enough to support itself. Also, think about adding a fan to your grow! That forces the plant to strenghthen the stem because its under a little bit of stress. Just put enough wind on it to move it slightly, NOT TO MUCH!!!

3. yes a weak fan, like a computer fan may help, but ONLY AFTER you get the lights close enough that it is not strecthing.

4. I used to use weaker lights and thus got weaker stems- and what i would do is get something to stake in there next to the stem (not very big- like the size of a pencil) and carefully strategically tie it on with a twist tie (like from trash bag)without squeezing the stem so that when it gets bigger u can just twist it off and it will be able to support itself by then

5. Jeez, next week we hit July, and you guys are just sowing your seeds.

Come September you will be complaining how small your yields are. No surprise there then.

6. I am growing outdoors, but it has been cloudy and dark for the past week so it is probably too little light then.. but it has cleared up and is sunny again so it shuld get enough now... and spanishfly this is my first grow, this is just a trial run for me so im not really worried about yeild that much.. thanks for the replies everyone

7. Just as well then, because this late I am afraid you won´t get that much.