We won. The truth WILL come out! and soon!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by rw8, Nov 1, 2010.

1. We always knew that marijuana legalization would be a very quick-moving train once it caught some steam. were seeing that now and for the first time in... well, to this extent, never: marijuana legalization is a legitimate political issue that will HAVE to be discussed. We all know that when marijuana gets discussed, people are going to realize how much of the taboo(ness?) :smoke: is just from the government. When people look at the science, when people look at the facts, look at the history, and look objectively: we win. Win or lose Tuesday, we won. The first big domino may fall Tuesday, or it may be one of many dominoes to fall in the near future. Illinois and New York will become medical marijuana states soon (Illinois at latest January). More than 40% of the country (by populace) will have medical marijuana. It will be taxed in some states, dispensaries in others. Legalization is inevitable in Massachusettes, California, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado by 2012. Could be sooner... NOW that prop 19 brought cannabis legalization has been brought to the forefront of politics, we need to advocate like we never have before. Win or lose Tuesday, if we don't slow down, we will win. I'll smoke to that Tuesday night, win or lose.:smoke:
    ALSO: Californians, I beg of you who know those voting no or are voting no yourself, take the high road. Do what is fair to the rest of the country; if you guys win, we all will win VERY shortly. If you stay selfish for profits, for slightly more leniant laws in a specific situation, or are just stupid enough to believe cannabis shouldn't be passed through Prop 19, you have blood on your hands. For the country as a whole and for the legalization movement we all valued HIGHER than any selfish reason you have now, don't be selfish. Legalizing cannabis legalizes hemp; it reenstates one of the most critical part of American progress (through the first four centuries). The initiative isn't perfect, but the good vastly outweighs the no dice call too many marijuana supporters are showing. You CAN LEGALIZE IT!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Damnit. You made me think that we had won for a second there.

When are the votes going to be tallied up?

3. How would we have won, if the election is tommorrow? :confused:

4. This is why full legalization is still being opposed, how do you not even know when the midterm elections are? That's all people have been talking about for the last 2+ months?! :mad:

5. tomorrow night. sorry to get your hopes up haha

6. A new Gallup poll shows 46% of Americans now believe it should be legal while 50% oppose. The same poll showed 44% last year. In fact since 2006 the support for legalization has been rising at ~2.5% a year. At this rate we will have a majority in 2-3 years... Of Americans... not just Californians.

Obama, or the next president, will no be able to fall back that those in support of legalizing marijuana are a couch-locked minority.

New High of 46% of Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana

7. YES, legalize at all cost, you folks have to remember, this country is ran by the people for the people, and once a law is passed, it can always be amended to include or exclude whatever the voters want, its about time someone spoke up. People don't realize that complaining does nothing, action is what it takes, and they also fail to realize if you want things to change, leaders wont do it, we as the american population are the failures, we have laid back and let the government do what they want for so long that people forgot they are OUR government and have to do what we as a majority of voters say we want done, if the majority of america stands and demands that something be changed, the government by its own rules have to comply, we put the people in charge, and we can choose the topics that we want the government to work on, the sad thing is most people are either lazy, or just plain forgot that we as citizens actually have more power to run this country than the people that hold the prestigious chairs of whatever kind of office of power. GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AMERICA AND FIGHT FOR THE FREEDOMS YOU WANT. and yes, any one who opposes either faces to loose something that is their own personal gain, or are commies that want to live where someone else can do all of their thinking for them:mad: Don'tlet the injustice of unfair laws shackle us up any more. STAND FOR YOUR FREEDOMS:hello:

8. Minnesota is pretty close to medical also, the bill passed but Pawlenty veto'd it. We should distribute The Union or something to really get people thinking about it.

9. Calm down, smoke a joint. I'm in fucking korea. I dont know what day it is over there right now.

10. Im not good at geography or anything but isn't it the same day there as it is here, well plus or minus 6 to 12 hours:cool:

Not pickin on ya, just thought Id add some humor to break the tension:), and yes, even if your not particularly angry, roll it, light it, enjoy:smoke:

11. Yeah its one day ahead over here.

I WISH I could smoke a joint right now. Soon enough and I'll be back home. One more year

12. nope :p