WE THE PEOPLE Start/Sign petitions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandma Gudenhi, Sep 24, 2011.

1. #1 Grandma Gudenhi, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
    I just found out about this great website!!!!......wait, that sounds like spam. lol
    But really. There is a new .gov website where anyone in America can start a petition. If the petition gets 5000 signatures or more then the White House staff looks at it. I think it just went online yesterday. I originally went there to sign a petition to make marijuana federally legal. This would leave it up to the states to decide their own marijuana laws. What I found when I got there is that the marijuana legalization petition has the most signatures of all the 34 (at this time) petitions there. Not only that, there are four more similar marijuana petitions and three of them have over 5000 signatures already.
    Anyway, way cool website. You have to sign in but registering takes only seconds. They just ask name, e-mail, city, state and zip code and it's a .gov website so I trust it. (did I just say that? :eek:) lol
    I like the wording in this marijuana petition but I signed all of the marijuana ones. https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/stop-interfering-state-marijuana-legalization-efforts/hvcsS8pC
    I think it's funny that anytime Obama give the Joe citizen a chance to talk, we keep bombarding him with "legalize marijuana". At some point, they'll have to listen :smoke:

2. I feel like it's going to just being us asking for freedom to do things, and them telling us why they can't let us do them.

3. Signed the petition for this and threw it on my facebook page! If this gets pulled I dont know what I'll do. This stupid cold war mentality where you try to scare the fuck out of people really needs to come to an end. Time for weed/hemp to be legal and save the world!!

There's also a link to it through NORML's page. I'm so damn tired of this, we are not criminals so stop treating us like cattle being slaughtered for cash and treat us with respect and decency like we would any damn human being.

Sorry about the rant, although she says contrary I think there's only so much my gf can stand to hear LOL :D6+6666666

Peace and love to all!

4. lol...maybe...I wonder if this will make a difference, or if it will be as you say. You're probably right, but I hope not.

5. Well, petitions with 5,000+ signatures get an official response/reply. Seeing as how King Obama laughed off marijuana last time he was asked about it I'm not holding my breath for something substantive.

Really no downside for us, because we will be shining a light on the fact that the Federal Government has no Constitutional Authority to make such laws in the first place. Get more people thinking about the Constitution, States' Rights, and Nullification.

Either way it's not a bad thing. :smoke:

6. Of the 38 petitions i saw open on the site "regulate marijuana like alcohol" had more then twice the votes of any other. =)

7. I couldn't help but think when I signed the 'End of the Fed' petition that the majority of those 20 signatures are probably people from GC haha :bongin:

8. ITs cool. But all these petitions will get is a 'look.' I doubt it will receive consideration. But a cool idea that makes the white house look good.

9. If they just 'look' at it and don't go through with what they said they would regarding the petitions. We can easily put more petitions up/spread it around the internetz and most importantly call out the WH out on it. The internet is a very powerful tool, politicians are beginning to use it more and more (just look at the RP campaign) but most, imo, don't know how much damage the internet can do to say, a politicians campaign or the white houses re-election strategies. Somebody on the GC boards said something on the lines of: Anything Obama does from this point out, is all focused one way or another on his re-election. If you don't think this petition website isn't about making Obama and his WH seem more open and citizen friendly to get more votes for his re-elections, your oblivious. So we shall see what they actually do with this petition website. I hope we see positive things come out of it, but Murphy's Law is never one to forget...

10. That's exactly what I was saying. This is all about seeming more open. But if you seriously think it is going to get serious consideration like policy changes, you're oblivious. I'm sure he is already aware of what people on the internet want and hasn't done anything. Idont think think he is going to be like odamn well i guess im gonna part with the FED today cause this has 20,000 signatures