We should talk about politics and morality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buddy Dink, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Then we don't have a moral argument

2. Can you even come up with an argument to counter mine? I would assume not since you are replying to one word instead of my actual argument.

3. If you like. I just want to end the pretense that we are still on the same argument.

You are changing the topic from: "Is it immoral to call the police to stop a women from being beat?" to "Are the police a moral agency." You are not countering my position at all, and have brought up multiple new arguments a couple of which I agree with you.

4. Let me go ahead and help you make the connection that is damn obvious to the rest of us, and is required to understand why its the same argument.

"It is immoral to call the police to stop a women from being beat because the police are an immoral agency, made up mostly of immoral individuals who have been known to beat and do far worse to innocent and guilty people alike."

Or are we still arguing in theory here? :laughing:

5. The person acting doesn't have to be of high morality.... to take one moral action.

It doesn't matter if it is Lucifer that helps the women, helping is the moral action.