Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

we need to start the movement

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GanjaFarmer06, Nov 13, 2012.

1. #2 Batmanchu, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  2. Attitudes like that are shit.

Even if they get ignored, pile them up. It has to be addressed eventually. Relentless pressure and determination are what helps with this kind of issue. What's happened recently is a huge milestone for the marijuana legalization movement, and we should keep our voices heard and have more talk about pot.

3. To be fair, anyone can post a petition. And even if it somehow got 50,000,000 votes, no way in hell it passes.

The fact is that the government don't give no shit, and will ignore any and all science that isn't from the one source they use.

Petitions on the petition site are worthless and bullshit.

4. What do you think has been going on the last 20, 30, 40 years?

Individual states might recognize it, but the Federal Government is stubborn, and would rather say "lolnope" as their response than actual looking at actual evidence that contradicts their pre-conceived notions and ideas.

I'm betting that if EVERY state in the Union legalized weed, the federal government would still have it be illegal.

5. If i remember correctly our country is democratic. We vote on all major issues and elect the officials who make the decisions for us. They are suppose to be the voice of the people.

Its our word they should care about if they want to keep office. They are working for us and we pay there checks.

In the United States the right to petition is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the federal constitution, which specifically prohibits Congress from abridging "the right of the people...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Educate yourself blades and understand your rights as a voter and citizen.

6. I bet that if every stoner in the world were to go out one day together and just smoke in public that the government wouldnt be able to do shit. Think about it, millions of people tome and they cant jail all of us. What are they going to do ? Imprison 10% of the population? Sounded good in my head, too high

7. I stated early on the petition was to remove marijuana under federal law as a schedule one drug... How would it still be illegal at federal level?

Also if no one took action and stood up for our rights we wouldnt be able to enjoy a glass of wine, beer, or mixed drink. (alcohol prohibition didnt last and marijuana prohibition wont either.)

8. You're forgetting that petitions don't do shit.

I'm sorry, but the Federal government does whatever it wants. If it wants to swing the giant cock of justice down upon Colorado, it damn will do what it pleases.

I'm sorry, but the White House has already given an answer to all "legalize marijuana" or anything related to it petitions.

They will not budge from a petition created on their joke of a site.

9. Like I said, the government won't budge.

The reason alcohol was made legal once again was in part due to the HUGE influx of violent crimes, and the fact that like marijuana, no one followed the law.

The difference between alcohol prohibition ending and marijuana nowadays is that we as a country have spent TRILLIONS on saying that weed is bad, and federally legalizing it would create so much distrust between the people and the government that it would be catastrophically bad.

Plus, whichever president is ruling if/when it becomes legal in the VERY near future is committing political suicide

10. Yeah you can petition all you want but like the other guy said that doesn't mean that a single fuck given by the federal government.

11. I say, just let the states keep going. Eventually, this will probably come down to some court case about whether it's the feds or the states that have the right to manage this kind of thing, and a precedent will be set and we'll move from there

12. ...I think if it gets 1/8th of the US population, it will not be ignored...

13. Trust me, it will.

14. Uhh...do tell. Why would he commit political suicide? No offence, but that sounds rather dumb. Legalisation is the next step in the natural course of events...see Colorado, Washington etc..

15. You do help some of my points here

Again it would be nice to stop the street deals of marijuana and make it safer for us all like done with alcohol. I have been robbed a couple of times and have had friends mixed up in worse trouble then me.

Trillions that we keep spending on marijuana prohibition cannot continue with our debt increasing by trillions each year. We owe china so much money it is fucking crazy.

Also many of the voters 4 years ago believed that obama was going to help get us marijuana legal.

I do not truly expect this to get marijuana legal. At least the government is notified by email every time someone signs the petition. They get simple reminders every couple seconds they we will not be oppressed.

Just for NORML to see how much support they are receiving has to give them extra passion to fight harder for our rights. We may not be able to lobby in congress/senate but NORML does it for us. Why wouldnt we sign a petition to give them some extra power and fire power.

16. Not everyone needs or wants it to be legal . . .

17. [quote name='"riverroadjack"']Not everyone needs or wants it to be legal . . .[/quote]

You're right. Illegal growers and dealers don't want any part in this.

18. You're forgetting that not every American thinks marijuana is good for you, let alone that it should be legal.