We Need to Make Change at the Federal Level

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by seabourne, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Tell your Congressional Representatives -
    It is time to "Change the Schedule of Cannabis, Cannabis Laws, and Drug Czar Laws"
    Read and Sign the petition at

http://www.change.org/petitions/change-the-schedule-of-cannabis-cannabis-laws-and-drug-czar-laws

After you sign the petition, email your friendlies, share on facebook, or twitter from the petition page. If you have a website grab the widget so your visitors can sign it without leaving your website.

This petition uses laws passed by Congress to point out that by their laws, the laws must change.

If you haven't asked your representative and senator to support policy change, what are you waiting for? Sign the petition then send a email. Write one good letter, then copy/paste and send it to every Representative in every office, state and federal level.

Every year 1.5 million people are sickened or severely injured by medication mistakes, and 100,000 die.

According to a 2007 study by Furberg and colleagues, 4 of the top 10 deadliest drugs are the strong opiate painkillers like oxycodone.

The fifth deadliest drug is acetaminophen, available one over-the-counter. It can cause irreversible and sometimes fatal liver damage in doses that are not much higher than the effective dose. Roughly 400 deaths and 42,000 hospitalizations occur each year due to acetaminophen overdoses.

Darvon and Darvocet, a mild opiate drug have been found to be no more effective than aspirin- yet they can cause heart damage.

86 million people suffer chronic pain. According to the National Institute of Health (NIH) more than 1/3 of Americans suffer a chronic pain condition at some point in their life. In a 1998 guide on directions of pain research by the NIH, and still in today's economy as noted in a NIH January 2010 document, the economic impact is 100 Billion Dollars a year.

Not one person has ever died from cannabis in the entire history of the plant! Cannabis is a proven anti-inflammaory. Inflammation causes diseases of all sorts.

If the body is low on cannabinoids, just as with any other deficiency, the body does not function correctly since the endocannabinoid system regulates all other systems in the body. Misinformation has done much damage over the last 73 years as has the war on a plant and those who use it. Cannabis has continually been shown to be a remarkable anti-inflammatory which could be of great help to the 86 million people that suffer chronic pain. No one ever died from cannabis/marijuana though much suffering has taken place from the prohibition of it. It is time to end this travesty.

Lack of cannabinoids - can cause cancer, digestive ailments, migrains, fibromyalgia, just to name a few. We are now generations into cannabinoid deprivation and the health consequences are showing.

2. Do you know what every single politician reading your statistics actually sees?

This: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That is all they've ever seen when it comes to drug laws. The revenue it generates.

What repeatedly ends up as one of the most popular topics of discussion when the President holds any sort of Q&A session with the masses? And yet, what has changed at the Federal level? Not a damn thing.

Marijuana laws have nothing to do with the plant itself or it's safety record(unless you want to subscribe to my other theory that Government needs deaths to happen, which is likely another factor here). When you can legitimately prove that the legalization of cannabis will result in a net gain for the Government and NOT affect those who are armed with dozens(hundreds) of congressional lobbyists, THEN you will have your legalization.

Until then, we'll continue to listen and pay for the "War on Drugs" reruns and watch Big Pharma continue poison the masses. We don't have an illegal drug problem in this country. We have a massive legal opium problem.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be negative here, but if the dozen reports ordered and paid for by the Government on various marijuana studies over the last 40+ years haven't done anything to change policy, even when every single Government study has come to the same conclusion that goes against current policy, I have little hope that pages and pages of signatures is going to do a damn thing. Greed and corruption have resulted in these laws, and you're not going to beat those two monsters down easily.

3. THis petition is not pages and pages of signatures. Each signature sends 3 emails to congress. 1 to each of the senators and 1 to the house rep of each signer. The 1700 signature so far have sent 5100 emails to congress! Continued activity keeps the will of the people in congress's face. Only when they realize the will of the people will change happen.

I also advise voting for cannabis freindly candidates, and voting out those who refuse to listen to the will of the people.

The war on drugs does not generate money, it raises our taxes! Those dollars could be spent in a much wiser manner. The cost of keeping 1 inmate in prison for 1 year = $35,000 - $55,000. Who pays for that - the tax payers. A man goes to prison and the family goes on some form of public assistance cost for that - $2,400 - $15,000 a year.
    The only ones profiting from prohibition are the DEA and the prison system.

I do all I can to educate the public, politicians, medical profession and others. Visit my website Activist Cat Home Page

I leave comments on every news article where possible and do all I can to fire up the warriors and recruit new warriors, here and many other forums, blogs, and websites. I write the entire state legislators on a regular basis and the federal ones when I can but it takes an army to win a war, which we will win by bring it to an end. War are won by fighting on every conceivable angle. Sun Tzu's the art of war - great guidlines.