We need to establish this

Discussion in 'General' started by glazedKnuckles, Sep 18, 2011.

1. It's not "definately"

It's not "defenitly"

Definitely. ← that's how its spelled.

2. what about comfortably?

is it comfortably or comfortly?

care-a be-an or carib-E-in?

potatoe, potato?

...er wait I'll just pronounce things how I want to...and if people get hung up on my spelling or pronunciation they are missing the point of communicating with others.

The fool stares at the finger which points to the stars.

3. What's worse is when they spell friend

"freind"

c'mon now...spelling isn't that difficult. You sound like an 8 year old if you spell so many words incorrectly.

4. Some people are just stoned

5. its the innernet if i mispel a word im not gona go back and corect it

6. At least use Google Chrome so you can see your misspelled words as you type.

7. It's the fault of the auto spell checker, we have gotten lazy and rely upon it! :smoke:

8. I don't like this thread that much :smoke:

9. I'm a pretty bad offender, I think. 'Definitely' is the way I usually get it; along with 'apparentlly' for some reason. :confused:

Its not that I used to make that mistake, I've just spent too long in a foreign language to remember all the correct spellings of words; that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :eek:

10. [quote name='"glazedKnuckles"']It's not "definately"

It's not "defenitly"

Definitely. ← that's how it's spelled.[/quote]

Fixed.

"its" means more than one "it"

"it's" is short for "it is"

Grammar or GTFO.

11. I just say Def. Spelling is not a strong point of mine. I forgot how to spell "me" once. While sober.

12. I have a real problem with spelling. Don't know why. If it wasn't for built in spell check my posts would look exactly like this: asjhasdhjasud

True story

13. what is this? after school special?

14. Lol, "definately" is the only thing that gets to me, idc about grammar and shit (obviously). Its like they've never seen the right spelling.

Edit- and if it wasn't for autocorrect, there wouldn't be any apostrophes

15. Fixed it for you.
    Again.

I understand what you're saying though. The word "there" and "their" and "they're" gets to me. It's honestly not that hard... There is referring to location, their is possession, and they're is they are, not that hard.

16. [quote name='"iSPARK"']

Fixed it for you.
    Again.

I understand what you're saying though. The word "there" and "their" and "they're" gets to me. It's honestly not that hard... There is referring to location, their is possession, and they're is they are, not that hard.[/quote]

Like I said, I don't care about grammar, including apostrophes. If the phone gets it wrong, I'm not gonna go back and fix it.

But thanks for seeing my point lol