We Kinda Need More Mods

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Skunky Monkey, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Skunky Monkey, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
    I was thinking i know recruiting mods is tough because it's a trust issue but maybe more JR mods can be recruited just people who can close all the i got caught threads and drug test threads because you know we do have a OFFICIAL i got caught thread and drug test thread.

Also nobody's posting in the right sections either, people are posting politics, music, art, ect in general.

Man i know it's tough to keep a forum with like half a million users clean. The only choice is to recruit more mods who can only delete close and move threads I've seen it done on other forums.

It appears because of this problem "lack of mods" Grass city is becoming less and less user friends.
    There has been a lot of changes to the forum recently maybe this can be one of them, just a thought :)

2. that means we need more high quality users willing to be mods

there are changes being implemented, just ride the waves until then

3. I think they do a pretty good job at keeping the place under control and whatnot, little overkill sometimes but thats part of the gig I guess. Keep up the good work.

4. Oh lord Jebus... deliver me from "my parents found my stash" "will I pass my DT?" "is my weed laced?" threads.

5. AFAIK the plan is still to add more moderators - and there will be a system put in place to "apply" for the job soon. When I dunno, but it's coming.

6. we need more good people in the world :smoke:

7. ICGreen, I think that's the name, would be a good mod. :smoke:

8. he will have to apply once we have that all set up

wildwill already said that lol

then we are going to have like 1000000 applications and we are going to have to deal with that, ON TOP of moderating, so expect some crazy shit to go down when these changes are implemented for a little bit

9. Im sure this place has gone through hard times before, all we can do is wait for you mods to make the decisions and see how they impact us.

Thanks for helping us out guys. ! :hello:

10. Yeah its gonna suck for you guys with apps... gonna be people like me who apply hoping to get mod when we all know someone whos been active for 6 months wont get it lol. I do hope for the best and I plan to stay through the changes, ill b a trooper lol.

11. I'm sure we'll survive - there's more mods now than when the previous call for mod applications went out...I'm sure we'll be fine.

THanks for the concern though.

12. Yeah the mods are doing fine, it's not a insult to the mods to admit we need more i mean we simply don't have enough mods, they have lives it's beyond human capability to take care of this place now. Man there's like half a million members, Grass city is a small country put it that way :D

But yeah there doing a great job.

13. #13 TexRx, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
    The mods stay back...it's cool....they don't censor us!! WHen it goes down....even when I broke a rule....it gets delt with. It may take a few minutes tho..............maybe 2-3 more would help but i don't think it's a major issue

14. Sometimes problem threads can stay open for far too long but usually a mod comes along and sorts it out :D

IMO most users who want to be mods can make the worst mods. Some of my buddies have been mods on here and some of them are no longer members :(

15. Still pretty damned good for the amount of bullshit posted on here though if you ask me.

Plus people whom actually care about being here help report and clean up trash as best as they can too :yay: :bongin:

16. Seems to me the site has tightened up and gotten a little more friendly lately. As for the "parents found my stash, and will I pass my DT," these users have to have some where to go, my advice, just don't go there yourself...

17. I agree with this.

I might be interested if Im eligible, but I dont know if you have to have a spotless record or have been around a certain amount of time.

18. Well, Superjoint could stop making this site so awesome so less people will sign up and thus reduce the number of moderators needed to filter content, but I think I'd rather deal with unsavory crap and report it than have a less awesome site to visit. :smoking:

19. Let me just say if I were picked, it would be an honor and joy to hunt down every duplicate and off topic thread. It would be my life calling.

20. You'd be good at that too Vicious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.