We had a life changing experience while smoking ...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JVblabla, Mar 2, 2009.

1. *READ THIS BEFORE READING* If you do not believe us then do not reply to this thread. This really happened, no lies, all true. ((IT WAS NOT LACED))

Hey, my friends and I just had a life changing experience.

We were sitting under a tree, smoking marijuana, and one of my friends heard a tree talk. At first my friend was shaken, and the "trees" first words said my friends name. He describes the voice as a soft, gentle, deep voice that he felt like he has known since he was born. He also says that the man sounded disappointed. He felt like he was hugged, and could cry all night. The man then told him about his whole life. The man was treated bad and always felt alone, and his whole life was lonely and sad. My friend began to mumble a little, and asked us if we heard that voice, but we replied we didn't. Then he continued mumbling words, and we just came to the conclusion he was seeing or hearing things. So, the man talked to him, and the conversation lasted about thirty minutes. Towards the end, he said to him you have to do something, and my friend said there is nothing I can do, and the man then said "A thousand silver arrows, can not defeat a man with a single golden heart." Then my friend said he still could not do anything, but he felt better. The man's voice said I got to go now, but you will be okay, and the voice went silent ...
    (We searched for the quote but came up with nothing.)

We were so shocked, and we had about a hour worth of talk about it. After we finished the talk, we came to this conclusion. God was speaking to us, but he was acting as a normal human being, yet he showed signs of his suffering and hardship throughout his life. We also believe that he created marijuana so we could communicate better with him, to get the evil out of our minds, and to make us happy. In the bible God said to consume the herb as you eat the meat, so we strongly believe that he wants us to use it to better our religion, also after our friend finished his story, we felt relieved, and extremely happy. My two friends did not fully believe in a God, and now after this experience they do, and we also believe that he would like us to spread the word, as Mary told everyone when Christ rose from the dead and talked to Mary.

When you are high on marijuana we believe that you can have a heavenly religious life changing vision or dream, and it would teach you more then any church or religion class can teach.

Our friend is not lying, he is telling the complete truth.
    We heard him mumbling and asked us questions about the man talking to him.

We are so happy now, we all feel like new people.
    God spoke to our friend, and also spoke to us through our friend.

"Where does a man go, when you can't see, can't hear, can't feel? What does a man do when he can feel the cries of people, but he doesn't know where they are? A man can run as he can hide, but a man who runs from fear will face it again."

((Our lives are changed, and we hope in some way we have changed yours for the better. Please spread the word to your friends and family.))

2. Your friend is schizophrenic.

3. If you are saying he is lying, he is not, we were sitting next to him, and he was talking back to the tree, and he asked us if we could here the man speak to him, but we did not. He was the only one who heard it because he was the one who disbelieved in God the most. He has no reason to lie, he is not an attention whore.

4. 1. He was high, his story isn't credible.

2. A thousand silver arrows will destroy a gold heart, because silver is much stronger.

3. You are close-minded for telling people not to post their opinions if they differ from yours.

4. God is now officially a tree.

5. #5 SimpleX22473, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    I believe...that you should be entitled to put your faith wherever you want.

I've talked to myself extremely high before. I would go with more of a scientific explination than "It was god."

6. Finally someone else knows!

7. #7 chronicman00, Mar 2, 2009
    edit: fuck what I said..your friend is on some schizo shit

8. Thats a beautiful story and sentiment

9. First of all people, don't start calling his friend schizo, I bet most of you don't even know what schizophrenia really is, you just think it is exactly like they show it in movies/tv.

Now, OP, I don't know if I believe it or not. I am not talking about your story, I am talking about God. I always go back and forth on whether or not I think he is real. But I definitely think smoking Marijuana can make you connect with God(or anything for that matter)

One time when I was smoking alone, I was just chillin in my room listening to music in the dark, and I got this overwhelming feeling. (nothing I have ever felt while smoking pot) it was like God was right there next to me, he wasn't talking or anything I could just "feel" him. It was the most soothing feeling of my life. But I still don't know if it was God, or if I was just really baked, either way I am not going to put my personal opinons down your throat.

The important thing is YOU believe in God, and YOUR friend had what YOU and YOUR friends are sure was God talking to him, and that is all that matters. If you beleive in God then he IS real to you, so if he is real to you, then it was a real experience.

Lastly, sorry if I am not makiing much sense long weekend, lack of sleep, and I'm stoned..

Happy Toking.:smoke:

10. Dude thats pretty awesome.

I mean your friend could be a schizo but I doubt it if thats the only weird thing thats happened to him like that.

He most likely was talking to god, but he could of been talking to spirit or a ghost, but my bet is with god.

Ive had things like that happen to me high or not just no voices. Once when I was high something made me close my eyes and I was like a orange/yellow cross with red around it. I felt the presence of god and felt very peaceful.

Basically my view on weed and talking with god is that every spiritual person wants to become as close as possible to god, they want to understand him, and live and recognize his presence in everyday things. You can do these things without weed, but weed acts as a shortcut, and if used rightly, it can help you become closer to him.

11. yea your friend has schizophrenia.
    schizophrenia |ˌskitsəˈfrēnēə; -ˈfrenēə|
    noun
    a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

12. How do you know that it was the Christian God?

13. It's probably one big joke FRIEND A schemed to make you guys think he was the modern-age jesus christ...Or perhaps a new breed of tree psychology, your friend can save millions of trees around the world from their stress! Call the circus!

14. #14 Jankydank, Mar 2, 2009
    Trust me man, I know what schizophrenia looks like. My current roommates last roommate was schizo and I was hanging out with them almost every night from the time it started getting bad to the time he moved out of the apt.

Also, in case you didn't know. Being deeply religious goes hand in hand with schizophrenia (of course not in all cases, but quite a few.)

15. When did he ever say it was the "Christian God"?

Besides, the Muslim God, Christian God, and Jewish God, refer to the same being. It is in the specifics where they change. Example, Jewish people and Christian people follow many of the same scriptures, the difference is, after Christ, the Jews split into 2. The Jews who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and those who did not believe it, and continued to be Jewish.

16. Just because you can read a definition of somthing doesn't mean you understand what it is/what it does. You can give a definition of what it is like to be high, but you won't understand it until you do it, same with sex, or anything else. I am not saying you, or the other person I quoted doesn't know what it is, I just hate it when one person will say something like that, then everyone agrees without even knowing what they are talking about, you know what I mean?

Were they actually diagnosed with Schizophrenia, or did you guys just say they were Schizo?

I am not doubting that you know what it is, I just hate it when people blindly throw out medical/mental disorders when they have no clue what they are talking about. Ie. Dumbing serious conditions into something where every person knows 10 people who are Schizo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. #17 Jankydank, Mar 2, 2009
    The symptoms were CLEARLY evident. And it was mainly when he smoked/drank. Unintentional hand gestures/movements (I've been sitting next to him countless times, only to look over and see a finger or two on my arm or shoulder and he wouldn't move it until he started his next "rotation" with that arm), randomly saying things that made no sense, laughing hysterically when nothing was funny, EXTREMELY religious (always talking about God and "saving" people), speaking outload while clearly talking to voices while playing video games or doing anything really, isolation and maybe a bit of depression (hard to see depression sometimes, ya know?), telling others how they are going to hell out of the blue, etc.

I'm not sure if he was every officially diagnosed with schizophrenia but it was blatantly clear what was going on. It's a very serious condition and needs to be treated. Saying that, my first post in this thread was more of a joke than anything. I just figured the OP was a troll...

18. He references Christ and the Bible.

And the details of it being the Jewish vs Christian vs Muslim God is irrelevant. My point was that if you do indeed think that this voice is from a deity, how would you even know which one it is?

19. yea i hate it when the media creates stereotypes.

20. Well, since majority of the people in this thread seem to beleive they know exactly what Schizophrenic is, why aren't they going for psychologists or psychotherapists rather than sitting around on GC? I mean if just by reading a simple story you can diagnose somebody you should be able to make millions.

Fuck off, I myself have Schizophrenia, it's like being high, you don't know what it's like until you've been there.

High doses of THC, and minute doses of LSD are known to mimick symptoms of Psychosis/Schizophrenia.

Do your reasearch...