We got any MICHIGAN growers over here?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by capitolp, Aug 2, 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Cap nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks man appreciate it!

4. Anybody in here grow for a living? Or know someone that does, or are educated on MMMA/MMFLA laws and stuff? Anyone got their caregiver card in here?

The more and more I get into this hobby, the more I dream about doing it for a living. I just don't know what's the best way to start setting that up. Is getting a caregiver card and signing up patients still worth it in today's ever-changing Michigan? I know that caregivers can't sell to dispensaries anymore which definitely sucks....

P

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have my caregiver card. I have 5 patients for the last 5 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. #86 thoughtcriminal8, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    The positive to having patients is you can grow more than just the allotted 10 plants that anyone over 21 can grow. Caregivers are allowed to grow 12 plants per patient and posses more too.

Caregivers can no longer sell directly to dispensaries. However caregivers can supply state licensed growers who can sell to the dispensary after testing.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. I like your setup. Care to share details?

8. That's really interesting that caregivers can sell to state licensed growers. I'm wondering what that kind of scenario looks like? Why would a state licensed grower want to buy bud from a small time caregiver?

Anyways, how do you like having your caregiver card? Was it hard to find trustworthy/reliable patients? Do you get scared that the caregiver system will end when rec goes into full swing? That's what worries me. If I did all the work to become a caregiver and find patients and then the state decides to do away with it? That would suck.

P

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sure thing brozay!! Also got a journal for the whole grow in my sig

-5x5 tent "ohuhu" brand around $100 on Amazon
    - 3x 260W meiju QBs (dimmed right now due to summer heat) about $560 out the door (Alibaba)
    - 6" extraction duct fan 440 cfm about $60 on Amazon
    - 3x Holmes lil blizzard fans $15 a pop on Amazon

I'm thinking I could hit 1.5 or maybe even 2lbs this run. We'll see what happens!

P

• Like Like x 1
  10. I haven't figured out how to make a job out of it yet. Fun hobby and good stuff to barter with. Nice to hear we can sell to the state licensed providers. Very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It’s really not too hard to find patients. I usually tell them I’ll cover their cost to the state and give them discounted meds. Not that much work at all to become a caregiver. It’s the farming that requires all the work. Last November the state tried to make dispensaries only buy from state license growers, it resulted in 90% of the dispensaries shutting down due to no inventory. After thousands of pissed of residents calling and complaining.! They extended the caregiver support and then changed the law so that now caregivers can supply state licensed growers. I’m sure when the licenses growers get their shit together they may change the law back. I’d say do it if you can. If for nothing else the knowledge of growing bigger yields. There are 40 sum other states that will legalize eventually and you have the opportunity to get in at the ground floor!

• Like Like x 1
  12. If u live in Michigan u can actually have 12 outdoor Nd 12 indoor as long as there are 2 ppl in the residence over 18 yrs old Nd if u have ur caregiver license u can have 72 plants my neighbor works for a doc tht does the cards for medical use Nd caregivers. And to make a business out of the look in to micro grow I jus applied for it and it allows me to grow 1,500 plants and sell to dispensaries Nd caregive..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Also since Michigan declared the rec state of emergency things are a lot more laxed Nd the state of emergency only last for 6 months so now would b the time to do the research into it if ur really serious about it Nd if u have any questions I’ll see if my neighbor have a prob wit me putting her card on here...

14. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. How did you apply for a micro-grow license. I heard it cost a lot of money?
    5k.

16. Yeah I was researching micro grow licenses today and couldn't even really find much specifics about it on the LARA site or anything.....how did you apply for that @MichiganStoner616 ?

P

• Like Like x 1
  17. IMG_0474.JPG

Here the first page of 65 I’m lookin for the site give me a sec I’ll find it

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Really cost 8,000 but there is a loop hole right now

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dayum. 64 pages! Can you summarize with your understanding and what your process was to apply for the micro grow?