We Don't Need War

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by H2O420, Feb 5, 2010.

1. War is futile.

It is small men with small minds and big egos fighting over wrong, right, air, light, love, and life. Ideas and concepts.

The simple things we all have a natural right to as humans. Why can't we live in harmony, why can't we see that we're all one? That we're all equal as humans?

Compassion. That's all we ask for. When you fight over love, love dies.

When you fight over understanding, there is no understanding.

The amount of money and resources spent on war could be used to feed the hungry, house the homeless, and employ the jobless.

The lives saved from battle can go on to be highly intelligent, developed minds. The man who holds the cure for cancer could die in a battlefield. The man who holds the key to peace, sacrificed to the 'gods'. Jesus, and Allah. Teachings misunderstood.

There is no need for war. Primitive concepts for primitive minds. Kill or be killed, fight or flight.

FIGHT OR FLIGHT

What would you choose?

2. lol So which is it? do we need war or not?

3. Yeah, this one doesn't feel as accurate as the other.

And I know you can feel how empty it sounds.

But is it the words, or the thing expressing them?

4. That is the question, isn't it?

5. Would there be peace without war?

6. we will never stop killing each other until we kill the ego, we have to treat the disease not the symptom.

7. #7 Perpetual Burn, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    There would be peace, but there would be no word for peace if there was never any war.

Kind of like how in ancient Hebrew there was no word for coincidence.

"War is just a racket."

8. There are many examples of this, I will edit them in later once I find them, but I agree with you completely. Why do we need to have a word for a concept which we can describe, but cannot experience? Wouldn't it be better to experience it without having a word to describe it?

There are some examples from indigenous Amazonian tribes, of whom I cannot think of right now.. it may be the Asháninka people; anyways, they don't have a word for "nature" because they consider themselves an integrated part of their natural environment, so they do not even fathom to distinguish themselves as two different concepts or entities.

9. #9 verbae, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    War is inevitable --it seems.

I have a belief that people inherently need to be told what to do, and how to think --to survive as a species. Since the dawn of time, jk, I mean what recordings we have of our evolutionary pastime, humans have lived by a hierarchy: one ruler of a specific land, with his trusty army, and the people whom depend on him.

If a man wanted to go to war, but had no following, there would be no war. Every war begins with a leader whom envisions something greater for himself and his sheeple --I mean his people. :)

Now as we've industrialized, and modernized into the 21st century, our tactics have been less then rudimentary, but has definitely evolved within the past few decades. Because we've got a shitload of technological advanced weaponries at our disposal now, (and have witnessed the sick and horrible destruction it's caused first hand) we are more keen to bring our enemy down with pseudo-politics, and treaties; instead of firing nukes at them, because we can. And who's to say we can't? Laws? Trust me, where there's a will, there's a way!

Just like how the Bush administration justified going into Iraq because Sadam had "weapons of mass destruction". Oh wait, or was that Bin Laden? Though Bush did eventually admit, there were no WMD --our government continually spends billions of dollars to fund our troops who are still stationed in Iraq. Why? That's some level 90, top secret, men in black type shit, we'll never know.

And I'm just going to throw this in here for good measure: If China wanted to own the U.S., what would stop them from taking our land? Not a bomb, nor our measly army, that's for sure. I mean, did you watch the Olympics in Bejing? Anyone who can put on an organized show like that could wipe out the world if they wanted too! Besides, we owe them trillions of dollars.

Sigh. I'm really grateful that I can step outside and not have to wonder if a bomb will drop on my house before I make it back --or even while I'm still in it. I mean, it could happen, but the chances are slim.

TO rant further --I don't believe that there are nations anymore. Just corporations. Wealthy men whom control the world. If anything, these leaders are doing something right by me, for protecting me from bombs being dropped on our soil. But by no means am I saying that it's alright for it to happen in another country, because it certainly is not!

My problem is that if our government can't trust us (i.e Patriot Act), I'm only following in their footsteps, because now I can't trust them either.

War is a necessity; whether to bring peace, or your enemy to their knees. If there were no rules and regulations, there would be no such thing as peace. Just as, if there were no wars, there would be no peace/ and or/ you would never understand the true meaning of "peace".

Peace is strictly something you find within yourself, IMO.

Humankind is simply not equipped with that much dignity and self-respect to last as a civilization in a anarchist society. We are inherently selfish, ignorant, and arrogant. And if we still lived in caves, we would kill by all means to survive.

10. And now can we agree my friend :)

War only destroys any chance for what I call "true improvement." Although we continue a life of continual technological progress, the only progress that truly matters for the well being of humanity is the movement towards peace.

11. Language can come off very plastic sometimes can't it? If we could communicate through feelings alone we might be better off.

12. Would there still be Earth, without Human Suffering?

Absolutely.

War and Peace are relative terms to each other, but only one term can be eliminated from the human vocabulary without condemning our own species.
    Are you a fan of Ezra Pound?

13. Never heard of him 'till now. That's a cool poem though, it's kind of like Vicarious by Tool, with older english. I feel what he's saying, though. It's primal, almost mad.

Humans love when things die.

14. To verbae (and this is only semi-serious),

Americans are a proud people. Stupid, but proud. If the Chinese ever invaded I don't think I'd be the only one giving them hell. :hello:

I don't believe that war is needed for humanity, but I will fight to protect what I love and own. War is the invention of greed and anger.

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV74PsUo1dc]YouTube - Band of Gypsys - Machine Gun 1[/ame]
    i don't think jimi likes machine guns:confused_2:

16. if every person in the world all smoked a joint all at the same time the world would be a better place. America is so fucked up that the government will go to war with anyone who doesn't strictly comply with their fucked up trade regulations. Or if you have oil and don't sell it to america, its time for war. this fucked up American mentality is going to be the downfall of america.

17. Not this human.

18. Everything contradicts, but at the same time nothing is contradicting.

Ahhhh

19. fight or flight.

Wrong or right.

War or peace.

War no more.

All is one.

20. There is only hope for peace.