We dont make 15 an hour

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Jan 14, 2014.

+ no more fast food joints
    + no choice but to get an education/higher paying career and not feel entitled for a $15 wage

2. #62 Shiva Blaster, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    No, I'm not saying I'm better, I'm saying that people should be compensated appropriately for what they do.   A mentally challenged person can flip burgers all day, it takes ZERO skills.    How do you justify paying this person more and making everyone's hamburgers more expensive in the process?

You don't wanna make $7 an hour flipping burgers?   Get some training, schooling, skills and move on up the ladder like every other contributing member of society.    Even the greats started at the bottom at some point, but if you're stuck at the bottom permanently, it's likely your own damn fault, don't blame the system. 

3. well then the problem is deeper then it seems a 2 bedroom apartment for that much is way too fuckin much my family rent's a 3 bed house for less then that..people still dont see my concept of" we the people"="we the slaves"

4. I have yet to see any minimum wage supporters adress the issues i presented.So ill ask again.Does raising minimim wage (cost of labor and thus buisness) not also increase the cost of goods and services and thus the cost of living?Does raising the cost of labor not discourage employers from hiring as many people and giving as many hours? (Minimum wage supporters live in the delusion that corperations are evil, but somehow wont find a way to skrew you over regardless of minimum wage)Does raising minimim wage not encourage corperations to move their factories over seas? (It is seriously cheaper to have a multi billion dollar ship that eats up fossile fuels like crazy ship our goods across the entire planet, than it is to just hire americans to make them)What about small buisnesses who cant take the hit when labor costs go up? Mininum wage hurts the free market and encourages monopolies and cartelsAlso what about the FACT that when minimum wage lower, most jobs still got paid over the mininum wage. Now that minimum wage is higher, it is harder to find a job that pays more. Thus expanding the lower class bracket and shrinking the middle class.Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. [quote name="goober0331" post="19340223" timestamp="1389734329"]Lets do some MATH!!! So while all theses numbers I'm about to present should be almost 100% accurate, I will understand if some change. For instance, I wasnt able to find the average amount of hours an hourly associate at Wal-Mart works, so we can assume 40. and I wasnt able to find the actual costs of labor for Wal-Mart, but it shouldnt be too hard to get a nice ball park number.So Wal-Mart has 1.3 million hourly associates in America, who earn on average 10 dollars an hour. So, working 40 hours a week at 10 an hour, you get $400, times by 4 weeks, $1600 a month, times by 12 months, $19,200 a year. Times 1.3 million and you get just under 25 billion a year on labor alone, which probably doesnt take into account benefits, healthcare etc.And at 15 an hour, that numbers rises to 37.44 billion a year on paying their workers. So now when Wal-Mart has between 15-17 billion profit margin, raising the cost of paying your workers by 12 billion doesnt sound viable.What can that lead to? Well others have already said, lay offs, increased prices, etc etc. And this is just big bad ol' Wal-Mart, I'm not taking into account all the smaller business's that will be hurt even more.Are the numbers 100% accurate? Maybe not, since not all their employees work 40 hours a week. But you can get the general idea.[/quote]The average weekly hours for walmart employes is under 27 hours thanks to obamacareSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #66 blazer12345, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014

see you idiots are the type who probably thinks all benefits are wrong yet you attack people for being hard working and earning minimum wage doing horrible jobs. I admire them. I admire a mom who is hardworking enough to go out and work minimum wage jobs to support their children. Take your head out your arse and enter the real world. 
    Please make your point without insults,
     we do not allow name calling
    Yoda

7. some people just got picked on and beat up too much..

8. [quote name="cpt TeTra" post="19340252" timestamp="1389734571"]some people just got picked on and beat up too much..[/quote]dont get what youre saying

I don't admire her.... but I thank her for not putting tomatoes on my cheeseburger.

they got themselves in that situation. I wouldn't even have kids if I had a minimum wage job

11. [quote name="blazer12345" post="19340199" timestamp="1389734071"]shut up you snobby prickSome people like you really dont understand people dont from kids say "I wanna grow up to get a minimum wage job" circumstances dictate and its not easy to get out that rut of low payed jobs once your in them theres not enough decent jobs out there[/quote]There is no need for rudeness. If you read the op you would realize that opponents of minimum wage are trying to help the poor.This is a discussion on how to help the poor. Not rich people telling poor to stop being spoiled.As i said-when minimim wage was lower there were more jobs and more room to grow.Back when america was capitalist and minimim wage was low, the wealth gap was actually smaller. The poor had a larger slice of the pie and had incentives to work and growSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. yet again compareing regular worker's too mentally challenge people..nice i dont think burger fliper's should get paid more but if you're job is dealing with people like you i would want too get paid more too

13. #73 goober0331, Jan 14, 2014

Alright if that number is true, than some quick math came out to 18 billion at 10 an hour, and 25 billion at 15 an hour. 7 billion increase, and take that out of their profit, it goes from 15 billion to 8, almost cutting that in half.

What do you think Wal-Mart would do to get that profit back? Well, its endless really.

14. #74 cpt TeTra, Jan 14, 2014
    he probably got picked on or beat up alot.thats why he gotta put other people down...

15. #75 aPersonUponaHill, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    OP you are not considering geography, which matters a lot. For instance 14 an hour in NYC or DC is nothing..

Also you arent paying the bills more than likely, so what do you know? Do you understand what happens when you get old and cant work? But dont have a 401k and other assests to live somewhere and retire with. What then?

16. [quote name="suplove" post="19340272" timestamp="1389734735"]they got themselves in that situation. I wouldn't even have kids if I had a minimum wage job[/quote]deprive someone the right of a family because they dont earn enough money? Everyone has a right to the same rights as everyone else money shouldnt change that.

17. [quote name="aPersonUponaHill" post="19340282" timestamp="1389734819"]OP you are not considering geography, which matters a lot. For instance 14 an hour in NYC or DC is nothing.[/quote]I know. Read all the posts. I actually responded to that when another poster brought it up.This is another reason minimim wage is bad. Federal minimum wage laws dont take into account different cities and economies.Also even at the city level minimum wage laws dont take into account local neighborhood economies.This is why the market should dictate labor costs and not the government.Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. [quote name="yurigadaisukida" post="19340276" timestamp="1389734773"]There is no need for rudeness. If you read the op you would realize that opponents of minimum wage are trying to help the poor.This is a discussion on how to help the poor. Not rich people telling poor to stop being spoiled.As i said-when minimim wage was lower there were more jobs and more room to grow.Back when america was capitalist and minimim wage was low, the wealth gap was actually smaller. The poor had a larger slice of the pie and had incentives to work and growSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]fuck them all corporations should be taken over by the state which provides a job for everyone and a certain living standard. Its what has to happen

19. #79 Shiva Blaster, Jan 14, 2014
    Again, no name calling.   And now you are putting words in my mouth.  I'm all for benefits, and for hardworking people.    I'm saying the increasing pay for NON-SKILLED jobs is not the answer.   

And I am firmly in the real world my friend.  I've been in the real workforce for 13 years, much longer than you I'm sure.   
    I started out from nothing (and I mean nothing), took out student loans, went to school for 7 years, busted my ass, graduated, started at the bottom, worked my way up and now am quite successful.  I own my own house, car, and enjoy my career.    I suppose instead of doing all that work though, I could have just stayed in my minimum wage job and complained about it while doing nothing to get off my lazy ass and change my situation like some people in this thread

20. [quote name="Shiva Blaster" post="19340312" timestamp="1389735077"]Again, no name calling. And now you are putting words in my mouth. I'm all for benefits, and for hardworking people. I'm saying the increasing pay for NON-SKILLED jobs is not the answer. And I am firmly in the real world my friend. I've been in the real workforce for 13 years, much longer than you I'm sure. I started out from nothing, took out student loans, went to school for years, busted my ass, graduated, started at the bottom, worked my way up and now am quite successful. I own my own house, car, and enjoy my career. I suppose instead of doing all that work though, I could have just stayed in my minimum wage job and complained about it......[/quote]or maybe other people didnt have the opportunities you did?