We dont make 15 an hour

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Not sure where you live, but there's zero chance you could support a family on $15 an hour where I live.   Avg. rent for a 2-bedroom apt is $1400/month.   After the taxman hit your paycheque, you wouldn't have anything left over for food, utilities, or  anything else.   

Sorry, but your argument for lowering minimum wage is dumb.....if you lowered it here, you'd have a bunch of people/families out on the streets in a matter of months. 

2. If the companies were decent and just gave a small raise without bitching about their bottom line and firing people things would be so much better.  The minimum wage be raised would just cut into the ludicrous paychecks for those at the top.  A beneficial change happens and the ones who can afford to take a small pay decrease instead put the burden on those who are working for low wages and struggling, it's bullshit man.

The reason why things are getting more expensive is because of all the borrowing and deflating of the dollar.  A raise in minimum wage is not the reason.lol

minimum wage jobs are not supposed to be for people who are supporting a family. If you are 30-40 with a wife and 3 kids and still working a min wage job.. then i think you need to look yourself in the mirror and stop blaming corporations. (not you directly when i say you)

prices are going to increase because companies will not just absorb that full cost duh

Yes you can. If there is no pay raise, then basically that person is a slave to the system only working to keep a roof and heat on, maybe some top ramens and pepsi  for dinner?  Terrible how people would not want a pay raise. 2-4 families in one house is acceptable? and slavery huh/..?

7. I support the minimum wage, but there comes a point when people have too many kids, along with associated expenses, that it's their own fault if they're not doing well financially.   

yeah i know what you mean. but 14 is way over minimum wage. the min. wage just went up to 8.50 in nj. working 50 hours a week thats 22k a year before taxes. you wouldn't even be able to afford the burgers that your serving.

9. where is this minimum wage going too stop going up? soon people would rather spend 40k on a robot..then bitch all you want..you human's disgust me...you know why country's like africa are called 3rd world? cause the way they live it's about the earth how they can live with the earth and not need white man's concept of money...but the 1st world country's...it's all about me,and mine..who care's about the world whore care about anyone or anything else it's all about me..but it's ok we will create some bullshit charity too make ourselves feel better.and you fuckin people actually believe there will be world peace someday... LOL yeah when all human life dead..

10. This.    Sorry to sound harsh, but if you are not in high-school and are working for minimum wage, you have made some bad decisions somewhere along the way.      No one is forcing people to work these jobs, they are working them because they are not qualified or competent enough to handle a job with more responsibility and pay. 

11. if you raise the min wage everything will go up

its stupid to take a min wage job such as a burger flipper or wally world or whatever and say hey im better than this i deserve X amount more an hour

complete horseshit

you chose the position for what it is ... an entry level job that you use as a springboard to move up and see what you like and dislike

Deal with it 

12. dude depends on what kind of family u trying to raise one where everyone on in you're family is holding a smart phone?one where u gotta have something way too expensive for you..like i said too live beyond you're mean's it's sad people think a better life is more crap they need too buy.

13. exactly !

emotion > economics

Well, than makes a lot of people. Its not the 60's anymore were kids are supposed to be working all fast food jobs. There has been a boom in people, but not jobs. Their just is not enough high paying jobs out there for what you are commenting on

16. #37 yurigadaisukida, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
    [quote name="forty winks" post="19339669" timestamp="1389728825"]So your positive experience and how you feel about the min wage is relevant but the person who raising 3-4 people on the min wage is irrelevant? Got it.[/quote]something tells me you didnt read the op.Or at least you read what you wanted to read.Why should an entire society suffer because of a few girls who made bad choices?And who sais when minimum wage increases, those single mothers wont be the ones who get hours cut?Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Nothing is free. If you want more money, you have to invest time in yourself.

Begging and complaining for more money without doing anything to earn it makes you a public liability. You cant rely on the government to raise your family.

18. [quote name="Earth Ling" post="19339796" timestamp="1389730200"]Thats ridiculous. Raising minimum wage will in fact help out the economy. More money being given= more money being spent=etc...[/quote]Or hours and benefits will be cut as a result and cost of living will rise as prices rise to reflect the increase in labor costs.Why are toys not made in america? Do you know how many jobs we could bring back to the us if we stopped outsourcing labor?Minimum wage hurts economySent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Isn't raising the minimum wage just a form of inflation?