We can all it "Dubya Dubya Three"

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Grab your bowls, prepare for the worst.

2. you know it.

3. A World War is a military conflict spanning more than 2 continents, in which at least 20 major countries participate in an attack against a common enemy, and which has the attention of the man-in-the-street due to the significant loss of life.

4. What is wrong with the world today...

5. religion

6. I find the people who blame religion actually know the least about religion.

7. oh so true^^

8. rasta man, can you please move to the states.

i sware if you do i'll join your rebal army. ;)

We basically cant do anything to avoid it now. IMO, its to late to stop it. With everything going on in the middle east over the last few days, syria promising lebanon to help them fight israel, japan threatining pre-emptive strikes against a nuclear north korea, iran trying to develop nuclear bombs, and iraq a harbor for terror, i think that the war has already begun. fuck iraq. i honestly think that because of his invasion of iraq, bush WILL go down in history books as the worst president ever. Had we not gone into iraq and focused on North korea, a country we knew had nuclear weapons, or iran, a country bent on developing nuclear weapons and the destruction of isreal, we may have been able to try to work these problems diplomatically. Nope we had to invade iraq and piss off the entire world. Before iraq, we had the support of the entire world. No one could justify the attacks on the WTC, and most of the world was willing to help us find the terrorists responsible and put them to justice. Then we defied the UN and invaded iraq. I'm not saying that saddam was a good guy or anything, but he wasnt a direct threat to the US. Thats not to say he might not have become one in over time, but he wasnt in 2003. Up until about 2 days ago, i was very opinionated about everything going on in the world, and very focused on political issues. Now, i dont even think its worth it. Its to late. Its over. Nuclear war is about to begin.

9. I dissagree. I think the people who know the least about religion are the people who use religion to justify hatred, violence, and intolerance.

10. that's it I'm movin to Amsterdam:D

I've been fearing for a long time that all these things are actually going to happen.

I really don't know what I'll do if it does.

11. Okay, yeah definatley, fair enough.

By "the least" i mean that when blame falls soley upon faith, it is usually a result of a very strong misunderstanding the invidiual has on the nature of religion and faith.

12. Religion has nothing to do with what's wrong in this world. Religion helps some people get through tough times in their lives, give them something to believe in and teach them values. What's so wrong with that?

this war won't be over religion, it never has been. money, oil and power.

All the media is doing is making different religions look bad because now what does everyone think about an Muslim person? They're a terrorist.

13. Ive spent the past 2 years worrying about all of this, but realisticly is there anything I could do as a US citizen? I mean I cant change shit with a vote in a prez election cuz both main parties blow. I try to tell people to not believe what the media tells them and to do some simple research, but I always get blown off. So basically what are we to do?

14. We'll know what to do when it comes down to it.

We are after all human, and we are only ignorant and apathetic to a certain degree.

Our inner aninmalistic instincts will kick in, hopefully not too late. It's that natural human defiance and refusal to submit which I think will keep us from their unrealistic and idealistic goals.

15. i've been saying it for a couple months, but once bush reinstates the draft, im hauling ass to canada... im not getting caught up in this bullshit... i personally blame religion, and politicians/politics in general... + the fact that human beings just suck in general.... far too few good leaders, too many incompetent immoral basterds in power...

16. This is kinda off topic, but in Austrailia, they kicked out all the foreigners, because of religion, and beliefs..also they dont wanna be a target for terrorists..

17. Religion is simply a vessel for fanatacism that would exist regardless.

Fanatic motivations are racism, fear, anger, hatred, etc.