We are winning the fight in legalization!! Must read!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Justen, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Original source:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g5Rnq_HyxCBhriaylg_l-Jr6te4gD966S1K00

This was posted 13 hours ago guys!! All the work is making a difference. We are going to win this friends!!

2. more than likely we are closer to losing than winning. there are too many major corperations and people who will do anything to keep it that way. so......
    [​IMG]

3. Actually it's people like you with your negativism towards the chance of legalization or even decriminalization for at least medical users that is a failure. Go troll somewhere else. If you want to point out specific reasons why it wouldn't even be accomplished, I beg of you to do so.

I do agree that there are many corporations that don't want it legalized, however I think that the vote of the general population in this day and age means much more than money has.. Things are changing. Wake up and smell the grass.

4. thats great. don't know if were winning the fight or not but were getting closer.

5. i am going to have to disagree! it doesnt matter if my atitude was positive or negative or optimistic or pesimistic either way if they are wanting weed legal so they are helping out as much as the next person, they just dont have the faith...and btw i woke up and smelled the grass! actually i did more than smell it, i inhaled it and you know what happened? I got high! so excuse me buk-o! lol jk im high as hell

6. WOW, I'M GOING 2 HAVE 2 TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH U, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE... ITS ALL IN UR HEAD! :wave:

WE'RE GETTING CLOSER N CLOSER EVERY HOUR...

7. We only win, when marijuana is legal for medical patients and recreational use.

Marijuana being illegal means so should aclohol, cigs, guns, and oil.... more people have died from the use of these items then marijuana ever has or will.

8. Good find. I must admit, I'm rather optimistic when it comes to marijuana policy and the Obama administration.

9. So am I :)

10. Take things a step further and things start to look very promising. We tend to get too wrapped up in just the use of MJ. The medical potential is largely unexplored due to the current laws. If each state can set their laws without Fed interference, what is to stop further research? With true, unbiased research, the facts about MJ will get out to those who have been brainwashed by the Feds. That will further open doors for all-out legalization. If states can also grow hemp as they see fit, that will open industry. If you look beyond just the usage by patients, this new approach by the Obama administration, if they truly honor states' rights could mean industry, personal choice, and a lessening of imprisoning innocent people. We'll have to see how it all plays out, but this could be the beginning of the end for failed policy in America. :D

11. The ONLY power corporations have is to manipulate the will of the public. The laws get passed according to what the people want. The corporations can't control anything, all they can do is try and make the majority of the country WANT pot illegal. So far they've done a great job.

Well as more and more studies are coming out, more polls are being taken, more economic figures coming out, there is a great increase in people wanting it legal.

The people control EVERYTHING. The only tool the people in power have is ignorance. But like Marley said, You can fool some people all of the time, and you can fool all the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. We are getting closer and 2009 is a year of legalization.

12. #12 Duplicity, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    Maybe if you weren't a selfish, sniveling, PESSIMIST you would have realized he wasn't talking only about you, he was talking about people like you. Get your head out of your ass and take a hike if all you have to say is negative about the movement. In case you can't read, this forum is dedicated to HELPING end the war on drugs not spewing your worthless garbage to people who don't want to read your outdated views and 5th grade level spelling and grammar.

13. #13 .stoned., Feb 9, 2009
    Duplicity great post! Since Obama has been sworn in, the marijuana legalization movement has been set in motion rapidly. I personally hate people posting there useless negativity on a legalization thread. When everyday, the people that would love to fight the fight, are currently getting arrested and has that privilege taken away. You will notice, that they will continually talk negative about it, saying it's a waste of time. But the opportunities such as change.org and .gov marijuana related questions get to the very top of the list. The dedication much like that, will make the media cover it, and air valid remarks that help change peoples minds in our favor. 'Corporations' might be true. But corporations cannot win on a State ballot.(Medical marijuana and the Decriminalized States for example) :hello:

I loved the article. As a person that has been a marijuana reform activist for many years, news like this is extremely exciting.

14. #14 wakenbake4200, Feb 9, 2009
    yea and if you fucking read my post than you would have realized i was talking about people like me! notice i used the word "they"!seriously! if you are going to try to blame me for not reading his posts than maybe you should actually read my fucking post!

and was i being disrespectful? yea maybe with the fail picture but that was it. you are the one who looks like a 5th grader going on and on in a rant just because our views are different, so you should seriously chill the fuck out!

and can i not express my pessimistic opinion without starting a huge troll fest?

SO I AM SORRY TO ANYONE WHO I OFFENDED BY EXPRESSING MY OPINION IN THE WAY I DID BUT I WASN'T CALLING ANYONE NAMES AND BEING DISRESPECTFUL, ALL I ASK IS YOUR RESPECT FOR MY VIEWS IN OPINIONS AND IF NOT THEN DON'T POST.

15. Honestly, this article is 1 of 1000's of the same. I am all for legalization of medical and recreational use but people get their hopes up every time some joe writes an article about how retarded the DEA is for raiding dispensaries. I guess the red flag for me in this article is:

I'll hope for the best but meh...

16. Thank you for proving my point that you greatly lack intelligence.

17. dude, calm the FUCK down, it's so annoying to have to listen that are pessamistic and put others down, and then deny it. And asking for respect usually doesn't work if you're the one who was a disrespectful douchbag in the first place.

18. I'm glad that my first post in this forum is in such a hopeful thread! Medicinal marijuana is one step closer to decriminalization for recreational use, and quickly following, legalization. Once people see the benefit of marijuana, not only for medicinal purposes, but the many, many uses of hemp, they may come to love the miracle plant the way we all do.