We are soooo lucky

Discussion in 'General' started by Biochemistry, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Do you realize how freaking lucky we are that we exist?! Can't we all just get along and
    not kill each other. Considering that most of the known universe is composed mostly of
    Hydrogen (as far as we know). Sure, maybe somewhere else in the universe there is a world
    like ours, but so far we haven't even traveled past a couple planets. There's SOOOOOOO
    much universe that we haven't even begun to scratch the surface on other life forms. We
    are one of the luckiest species that ever existed on the FREAKING planet.

2. Heh...Let's not get carried away here.

Domestic animals have it pretty good most of the time too, but they ain't braggin' about it.:cool:

3. #3 mydaddyatemyeye, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    well, we've already found other Earth-like planets. we just can't reach them.

think ANOTHER PLANET LIKE EARTH except light years away. blows your mind if you really go in depth thinking about it.

4. We kill each other in order to control the population ;)

No for real though, it is fucking amazing. If more people could feel this realization, the more people would probably appreciate our planet and all the inhabitants.

5. Another Earth (besides being the most boring movie of the year IMO), wasn't it a world where events went differently like 4 years ago than they did on earth? Life on other planets will not be like that...

6. nice catching that but actually I just capitalized those words for no reason. I'm not saying that another Earth-like planet will be a duplicate of us lol. I'm saying that imagine a society like us except light years away, and imagine how far they have or haven't gone into technology, if they're primitive and so on.

btw, Another Earth was a good movie. maybe you were looking for something like Dark of the Moon? lol

7. It's a sad thing to know there are still soldiers out there limiting their brains at great times of spiritual awakening coming across the world.

8. Humans are selfish douches

9. the whole idea of other humans fighting wars with other humans is also a pretty ridiculous concept if you think about that too. it tells me that we are still very, very primitive. if you look at it from a third person perspective of the entirety of the universe, it's like we're one ant colony out of hundreds that's fighting against and within itself.

[​IMG]

it's pretty sad actually.

10. Why are we so lucky to exist? There is plenty of suffering everywhere. As far as anyone can tell we're here randomly for no apparent reason.

Either you choose to believe in some retarded nonsense spouted by a nincompoop about a crazy man in the sky who judges people he creates and sets loose in the desert, or you live your life questioning, making advances in science that lead only to more questions.

Either way you either die young tragically, or you make it to old age (yay?) and most likely end up a debiltated semi-cripple with some kind of age related disease or just a case of "getting old", generally slowing down.

We exist in frail bodies, here only for a short time. What would it be like if all of the great men from history were still alive, 1500 years old being a normal life span. If Leonardo Da Vinci and Nikola Tesla were still alive inventing things I could probably fly to work on the moon with my fucking kickass jetpack.

I'm baked and i don't know what I'm going on about, but ya.

11. I hate how we kill each other. Its the baboons that are the real problem, fucking no good baboons. The're always stealing my bananas.

12. i'm bout to go research the shit out of some space.

13. thats just plain racist.

14. i ended up looking at the sun's wiki page

it says in life cycle that in another billions years the gradual rise in the sun's temperature, which has been going on for 4.5 billion years, will make the earth so hot that all the water will dry up...thus ending all terrestrial life.

in 1 billion years, there will be nothing left....but will humans even make it that long? if they do...can you imagine living in the last years? everyone scrambling due to the retreating water and living in intense heat...it will be miserable. religious peeps do you not think the sun's ever going to die? lol