We are our own gods....

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by NoExistence, Oct 21, 2010.

1. #1 NoExistence, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    Just a thought i had. No matter how hard and how much you will try to prove something doesn't exist to someone who truly believes that thing exists, you will always be wrong. Why? Because because they truly believe it exists so there for it does exist for them. So if you believe you will go to heaven and see god then you will. And if you if someone is saying this thought of mine is wrong, well just quit trying because it is real for me and will always be real for me. This is how we are our own gods. What we believe will be a reality for us no matter what. It may not be true for you but it is true for me. I think that i am my own god, and i don't mean me as in my physical body but me my conscience my spirit. Read this with an open mind. It may not make sense to you but it does for me and it will be my truth. What i'm trying to say can't really be put into words because its kind of hard to comprehend. What i'm kind of trying to say is that something that is untrue for you is true for someone else and the only way that you will be able to comprehend their truth would be if you seen it from their point of view. I kind of forgot where i was going with this but i had a good feeling about it. The closest example i can give to make sense of this would be this: Colors exist for me and you. But they don't exist to a blind person. Because they will never be able to comprehend what a color is not matter how how you try to explain it to them. It will be existing for me but not existing for a blind person.

2. As already quoted in the thread just above this:

"God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is," - Alan Watts

3. Thats a good quote. God is what we define.

4. FAITH is a strong concept.

5. Exactly, if you have faith in something it will be true for you and exist within your own view of this world

6. I agree, divinity within

7. potential for divinity within

8. Also Watts:
    "God also likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there is nothing
    ...outside God, he has no one but himself to play with. But he gets over
    this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of
    hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people
    in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the
    stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of
    which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams,
    for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays hide and pretends that he is you and I, he does
    it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he
    hid himself. But that's the whole fun of it-just what he wanted to do.
    He doesn't want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the
    game. That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we
    are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. But when the game
    has gone on long enough, all of us will wake up, stop pretending, and
    remember that we are all one single Self-the God who is all that there
    is and who lives for ever and ever."

9. theres definitely some truth to this. a friend of mine, who is a stoner, always talks about his very religious upbringing and the "powerful experiences" hes had as far as being touched by the holy ghost, witnessing possessions, etc. and i do respect him and what he says, hes not the type to make shit up if you know what i mean. theres no real evidence for him to use as PROOF that these things really happened, but to him, they were real.