"We are being farmed" - How do we avoid it?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by thezool, Oct 10, 2011.

1. alright i could've posted this in the same thread, but i feel that this needs its own topic dedicated to what i'm asking. i think this question needs to be addressed indepedantly.

so we're being farmed. we are all slaves to a corrupt system. so what do we do about it? the people who see this, what do they do? i see it, yet i still wake up at 5am 5 days a week and go to work for the day. the fear controls me and prevents me from saying no. my issue is, once i have said "no" what do i do? i fear my parents do not see this "truth" i have been enlightened with, they would likely kick me out. i don't have the conversational skills to explain what i intuitively understand.

but without ristricting this to my immediate issues with avoiding being farmed. what can anyone do? where do we go when all of our lives we have lived under this control? without the ability to gather food for ourselves? to deny our farmers is to risk our lives. we are the issue as we continue to go to work and feed this corruption.

maybe there is no immediate answer? shall we just deny to be controlled in small ways? live simply to deny our farmers of a little money? it hurts to see the path you must walk, without knowing which way leads to salvation.

2. Your salvation lies in the fact that if you live in a free country like the US, you can decide to do whatever you want as far as how you make a living. (Which means if you choose, you don't have to do the 5 days a week thing). You also can decide to work 2 or 3 jobs , save your money and invest in things that will turn you a profit, or lay around and suck the life out of the system by being on welfare. The only time someone else controls you is if you let them! Remember, as an American citizen you only have to do two things in your life....die and pay taxes. The rest is up to you. If you own your own results, then no one but you is responsible for the outcome of your success or failure.

3. i personally make ironic signs, and go protest. by myself if i have to

it helps get the rage out

i am done fucking working and enabling this system, i just barely get by, handy man stuff

except right now i dont have any Herb, so the rage is more insistent.
    and it just makes me rage more because its a FUCKING WEED.

i am forced to pay 100$ for a handful of my medicine, because i am prohibited to grow it

in fact im pretty much prohibited to be self-sufficient in any way

and so how does it make sense to enable this any further?

its not impossible to Live without a full time job right now, but if we keep perpetuating the system, it will be for our children.

THEY will be SLAVES

4. GET UP! STAND UP! NOWW!

before your "freedoms" completely disappear

or you can be sucked into "making it work" as mentioned above until the entirity of Humanity is beyond the point of no return

thats would they would like, Stand up for what you believe in.

What do you do when youre under attack? STAND UP FIGHT BACK!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A]The Story of Your Enslavement - YouTube[/ame]

5. it's all very inspirational to hear it. but you see, when you are and have been controlled in this way for a long time it can be hard to have the sort of "gusto" required to do anything like that. without a way that the average man can say no to being controlled, this may never end unless it comes to an abrupt and painful end. i have empathy for my fellow humans and i do not want that so i can't wish it, however much it may be effective and/or unavoidable.

it's not the hardest thing to muster a little gut courage after reading or seeing something that opens your eyes. but for a lot of people, that courage disipates into hopelessness when actually faced with a situation which they may wish not to take part in. for example feeling they "have" to go to work and earn a living and please not only their own fear but the fears of everyone around them. at the time of being faced with this, how are they to say no? it's hard to see the seriousness of it all when the modern western civilization very effectively blinds you to it. i sit here on my computer typing to you while listening to music. i am currently partaking in this system that i disagree with. what do i do? turn off the computer and leave my home and go and find a remote location away from anything that advocates such controlling filth?

i'm not trying to disagree with any ideals of not being farmed but it is hard to see an alternative. i just need to know it's possible. it feels hopeless enough just knowing this stuff. once you start to feel deep down it's possibly just a romantic fantasy, it feels even more hopeless.

i am facing all of these ideas while in the face of trying to be more mindful also. this is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life, yet the only thing that has ever felt worth it.

6. I know what you mean, it's not easy to just go with it, but it seems like we really have no choice, unless we live protesting. But protesting isn't gonna pay the bills, especially for those of us that have people depending on us.

Faith is an interesting concept. I have faith in humanity. I have faith that we really are in one of the most important times in history, and as a collective consciousness the world is waking up.

The protesters see the farm, you see the farm, i see the farm. Shit's been just as bad as it is today for many, many years.
    to quote the video above:
    "seeing the farm is leaving the farm." Once we all see the farm as a collective consciousness, it's over. And we're in the process.

to quote my neat little vape:
    "Love is that which enables choice. Love is always stronger than fear. Always choose on the basis of love." :smoke:

7. i was just thinking the only reason there hasn't been a revolution by now is because of the fear of death... nobody want's to start and participate in a revolution if they can't be around to see it when it's all said and done... if their was a way to prove beyond a doubt of an after life to EVERYONE, thered be a revolution before morning ... but there isn't lol any nobody's willing to take that chance (naturally)

8. The answer, I believe, is to return back to a life of simplicity, while simultaneously ridding yourself of the love for material possessions.

Learn how to grow your own organic food, it's not rocket science.

Put a seed in the ground, water it. Hunt. Fish. Gather. It's not rocket science mate we've been doing it long before there were taxes haha.

Personally I believe the answer is to live in communes, as the quaker's do. Close-knit communities who love and support one another.

My dream.

9. For quite some time my dream has been to own a small plot of land with enough space to grow food for myself and some friends, plus some weed. I don't want any more than that.

10. Me neither man, me neither.

Although the only way to want nothing, is to want nothing. It appears neither of us are quite there yet, but we're getting closer. :smoke:

P.s., I just noticed how ironic this is. The only way for us to stop being farmed, is to farm ourselves. Ha

11. #11 LittleJacob, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    You said it perfectly here. This is the only solution that I have come to in this dilemma.

It's like we have to just narrow down to the basics, and when we really come down to it the basics isn't that much. Food and water is the most important thing. Learn to plant and raise seeds, hunt if that's your thing (I'm vegan so that's not a problem here lol), gather medicinal herbs, grow your own "medicinal herbs" and that's all you need. Then add a few amenities as you please and can afford. Live the simple life.

There is a great organization that helps people learn to organically farm every day, if anyone is interested in this. It is called World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF for short). Essentially it is an apprenticeship program/community, where organic farmers teach willing volunteers to learn to grow food in exchange for providing with them food and shelter. The only cost is the $20 registration fee for the WWOOF website. Then you find a farm (each is reviewed by past WWOOFers, the volunteers), contact the owner, and arrange your stay. Usually they let you stay indefinitely. It is a win-win for both parties. The farmers get the help they really need and the WWOOFers gain valuable knowledge and experience.

http://www.wwoof.org/

This is the big question that has "plagued", or rather dominated that last few years of my life, the first years of my adult life. I realized early that this system was not for me. I dropped out of an honors college with a near-full ride scholarship just because I intuitively sensed that my calling had nothing to do with university education, for now at least. I spent that semester instead self-educating, like I have all my life, and coming to know my self, my strengths, my weaknesses, my abilities to offer the world, my longings. I realized that I deeply want to re-connect with the natural beauty of mother earth, which has been all but uprooted from the world we live in today.

WWOOF'ing for me is my way out. The only thing is earning enough money to get some land. My current plan is to spend some time WWOOF'ing, come back, work really hard and somehow try to come up with a plot of land. If I get really lucky I might even have a beautiful small piece of land and a house in the Virgin Islands, the home of my grandfather. But I'm not counting on that.

Sorry I don't mean to talk about myself so much here but my intention is that sharing my experience may shed light on opporotunities to avoid being farmed in this system. I know first hand the fear and the invisible chains of the system - it has its grips firmly on my whole family, and there was a lot of hell to go through when I first split away from the well-beaten path and started on my own road.

I think it all depends, like someone said, on how much one truly wants to get free. Returning to simplicity, growing our own food, living self-sustaining in small communities is what I believe to be the most harmonious and sustainable way of life moving forward as well. But it is going to take much time, effort, struggle, uncertainty and sacrifice. Not going to lie, I love sitting here chatting with you all on the internet, reading and watching things online, watching soccer, producing music on my computer. But all of this I'll have to give up when I truly start moving on my goal of self-sufficiency. But to me, the short-term bitter will be well worth the long-term sweet, so I am going for it. The second I can afford the plane ticket to Hawaii where I truly want to WWOOF, I am out and on my way. Time to stop being farmed and start being the farmer :)

We are at a very important time in history indeed, and I think it is up to each and every one of us to decide what role we are going to play in the upcoming future. Maybe self-sustainability isn't a viable option for everyone at this time, and that's perfectly ok. Maybe, for various reasons, even people who see the truth of the farm still don't immediately have to means or the circumstances to do anything about it. I think at least recognizing the situation is a valuable help, because at least then they are looking and waiting for that way out. So in a way, seeing the farm really is leaving the farm. Maybe one day in our lifetimes we all may truly be outside of the farm, who knows what these changing times hold in store for us.

WWOOF Link: http://www.wwoof.org/

12. Beautiful post, beautiful. I've looked into wwoofing and may be leaving around february. Thanks for posting the link for others :smoke:

13. #13 LittleJacob, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words! :) Cheers :smoke:

WWOOF Reportage - Returning to the Country

14. thanks for the link to WWOOF. I've already paid for a membership. seems like all of the communities you can go to are temporary. i would love to find a self sustaining community to join long term. maybe i'd hate it and be gagging for my computer and TV, but my gut tells me i'd only crave them for a while before i ween off them. Not unlike weening off drugs when you think about it.

15. I tried to do the WWOOFing thing but no fucking place would take me. It was like school all over again. "Oh we have better qualified people hurr durr" WELL FUCK YOU THEN! I wish it was easy to do but it's like, they made it impossible.

16. oh dear! i've already contacted somewhere which i feel pretty hopeful about. they're gunna contact me back about the idea of starting a program where i live in a community for what could be years. i hope they don't require any previous skills in farming or building or the like, because i have sweet FA!