Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

We are all hippies.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blunt, May 15, 2010.

1. Thanks man, I got you back with that reputation.

2. I often think this while stoned out of my mind, never had the ambition to make a thread :p

3. Yea. thats true. Most of us will be the "cool" parents who arent brainwashed about weed.

I know that when my son is about 16 or 17, I will smoke with him if he is mature enough

4. None of our generation was subject to government propaganda really so barely any of us are "brainwashed."

5. The fucked up thing is I have connects for all the psychedelics mentioned in this thread. From shrooms to DMT and back again. and have had them since I wanted to do the psychedelics.

I just never got to do them because I was diagnosed with epilepsy. My epilepsy is controlled with medication, the only time I have seizures is if im stupid enough to take an upper (uppers trigger seizures), and since psychedelics have a lot of the same characteristics as uppers (increased heart rate, spike in brain waves - which is what can cause my seizures) they're just as likely to put me in a hospital.

I did do shrooms before my first seizure though, which was a lot of fun. It's just not worth doing it again, the time I tried extacy (I'm a really hard headed kid), I flat lined. Not even from an OD or anything, just because extacy and epilepsy do not go well together. I guess what im saying is as much as id like to psychs again, its not gonna happen because ending up in a coma, brain damaged, or dead, is not worth it to me.

6. Unfortunally, its not musically interesting...only lyrical. I mean, I wish there was real instruments in the songs. Not some douchebag sitting at a computer making 'Phat Beatz' with garageband.

7. I'm blazed adnd it makes such sense. Not sure when i sober up though, mind is like smaller.. Won't get expanded without sweet maryjane
    :smoking:

8. the hip hop/rap music of today could never compare to the music our parents were listening to. The music back then was the front of a cultural movement. It helped change the lives of almost every young person of the time. I feel bad for anyone who lets the music we here today change their life.

9. I just realized that back when our parents were younger and smoked weed like we do now probably thought they would always smoke weed too like we think now. The reality probably is that once (some of us) get our lives straight and start families we won't have the desire to blaze anymore.

10. Nah see... my kids will listen to the same music that I listen to now ;)

I hate most of the new music out there.. its just complete garbage to my ears... I'll listen to the same old records over and over - just like my mom did before me.

Nothing like groovin' out to The Doors, Velvet Underground, etc.. etc..

but i ain't no hippie!

11. Blunt,

I had already thought of this since my kids are your age 19-27. I remember my mom listening to fifties music, while I listened to the Doors and Led Zeppelin. My kids are listening to new stuff which I am always interested in cause for the most part they have good taste. So, I listen to stuff my kids have turned me onto.

Also, I have been hoping I can turn my grandson onto MJ. He is the tensest kid I have ever seen! He's having stomach problems already and he is 8. I have to wait until 18 maybe 21. Because his parents are so strict. I just can't wait to be an influence to him more than I am now.

Good going Blunt +rep.

Sammy

12. Marijuana music discography | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Haha, but yeah. We all will look back on the generations and look at the newer generations as they start. So before we're gone, let's take the time to roll another thousand blunts. Another thousand joints. Take another thousand hits from a bong, pipe or bubbler. Or even a thousand bags from our vaporizers. Heck even thousands of dollars for our lady.

Let's make an oath to continue doing what we do, and watch the next generation grow like our beautiful plants. (Damn I'm hiiiigh hahaha).

13. :hello:

You obviously don't understand what I am trying to say.

I don't know about that, but they definitely probably had similar mindsets.

At least someone gets me, :wave:.

14. Mmm, I think the hippie era is coming back. Seeing as how the percentage of teenagers smoking weed has gone up considerably in the past few years.

I don't think that people listening to hip hop and rap will really be remembered as the hippies. I feel like that's more connected to reggae and rock music (eh, a wide variety of "rock"). For example, The Shins seem like they'll be remembered as part of the second hippie generation. This is all based on my opinion. Probably because I listen to a lot music like that.

15. With this law in cali coming up, and the fact that most people that smoke weed now are not anything close to hippies its going to like the 60's and shit put a lot different maybe. Or at least i hope it will hahaha

16. ... perhaps we are a new generation of "hippies" but I don't really want to be known as that. I mean I smoke weed daily and have been for years, but I take a shower, I have a job, and I don't mouch shit from my friends/family. Just my 2 cents.

17. Lol we'll be like... you see back in OUR day we had to roll it ourselves and get harassed by people in uniform & get locked behind bars

they'll think i'm just lying to them trying to scare them :(