Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

We all have been doing it wrong..

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Diatt, Mar 13, 2017.

1. #2 WeedCat, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    I am so curious about this too. I listen to every story I can from folks who have cured themselves to learn how they took the oil and at what dose. Also I pay attention to the strain type. So, I have some friends who have cured many people. They say orally, they feel like it works best but I listen to many stories through podcasts who swear by taking in by suppository. So with everyone scrambling to learn quick so they can start healing themselves, the best method I say would be to do both ends. Lately, that's what seems to be working well from the latest stories and when you think about it, we are just a tube from mouth to anus. We might as well ingest it from both ends. But I say back and forth. Not at the same time. And for those real newbies, do not use a needle. Just a needless syringe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. i tried putting a nug in my ass with no effects any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Did you decarb it first :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. One of our dispensarys carry THC suppositories :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm quite interested in rectal administration for recreation, rather than medical use. Reports on psychoactivity are conflicting. I guess I'll just have to give it a try. I have some cannacoconut caps that could be used for rectal administration. I've also read that sublingual is the most effective route of administration. PsychedelicSam just put up a video in Another Tincture thread on making suppositories with RSO, extra virgin coconut oil and food grade cocoa butter. He was making them for a patient who didn't use cannabis and did not want any psychoactivity. I'm on a tolerance break until the end of the month so that will be the perfect time to experiment with rectal administration.

7. This isn't really that new. Marijuana suppositories have been around for a while, but there's no real proof this method is better than other methods of using marijuana for medical reasons.

8. Actually I read an article that was quite compelling, it stated that suppositories had greater effect than edibles because of the stomach acid breaking down some of the medication before it hits your bloodstream, where as rectally it's absorbed straight into your bloodstream, thus making it more effective and faster acting. This said, I'll stick with smoking lol hasn't failed me yet

• Like Like x 1
  9. Suppository administration provides the best bioavailability of the oil. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer 6 months ago. We started her on 300mg per day of active CBD by vaginal suppository. After 3 months her oncologist told us that she had never seen, in 30 years, anyone drop their cancer levels so fast, from 1100 to 2 (CA125 blood test). Our oncologist is the head of her department at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Research Center in Los Angeles. This is not isolated for us either. Our direct nurse, whose mother was diagnosed last year as well also started her mother on rectal CBD suppositories and she was told the same thing by her oncologist, who is a different oncologist. CBD is working for over a dozen direct friends and family members.

The issue for us was price, costing $1800 a month at first and we were not buying good quality CBD. Now, however we get the best USA grown, highest content (75-85%), with a full lab analysis that is half the price of the best price we have found. Our current cost is $560 for 11,200 active mg of pure CBD.

Jeff

• Like Like x 3
  10. the suppository route bypasses whats known as first pass metabolism in the liver... that is where the cannabis molecules get turned into other molecules like thc 11 hydroxy etc... I'm not sure how far up the molecules from anal insertion reach t he rest of the system... the best at both ends seems feasible @WeedHaps but the condition really would determine the route of administration

11. So is it a thc cream for your ass? Lol

12. #13 WeedCat, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    I take it you were kidding but if you were not, you must make it in to an oil and inject (no needles, just syringe) up the bootie. One bud wouldn't be enough medicine and your body would have a hard time absorbing just plant matter raw like that. When you think about it, that's what herbalist do. They start from raw and find the best way to get the most positive reaction by extracting and making tinctures, oils, salves, balms for maximum effect.

Suppositories are useful when trying to avoid the high but some people still feel pretty baked. Best to plan when to take it so you can be ready for that with distractions, water, good tunes, comfortable surroundings and phone off.

Cannabis is unique in the way where you can have someone looking after you during your "buzzed" period but really, only you can decide how to dose. If you don't enjoy the high feeling, try less oil. It's called titrating where you go up or down depending on what the patient can handle. Your body will start to handle more over time as the days pass.

If it's all just too much, try to remember, things are uncomfortable when we fear it. It helps to surrender to the feeling and to remind yourself, the high is only a side effect of the oil. Take good comfort to know when you feel high, it is a reminder of the healing that is taking place. It wont be so scary that way. The more you can educate yourself about the medicine the better you will do.

• Like Like x 2
  13. oh i was kidding i was just curious what u guys meant

• Like Like x 1
  14. in pill form works best... freeze a canna pill ( coconut oil infused cannabis compounds) in the freezer and then use it as a suppository... it is for sick people to heal... insertion is a challenge if not frozen.........

• Like Like x 1