Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ways to lower tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NeverGetsDank, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Ok im the type of stoner thats reached that point in his career where 2 bowls or 2 J's just doesnt do the trick anymore, i know its because i've built up a tolerance so my question is how do i do the opposite. I've heard you can take cranberry pills, (sounds like BS if u ask me) sweat alot, and obviously just smoke less. I dont really have much knowledge on the issue so i dont know what to do....What are my options if any

2. I'm sorry to tell you that the only way to lower your tolerance is to wait. Getting weed out of your system is also helpful in lowering your tolerance.

3. Yeah i figured that thx.

4. even a 2 day break will probably make you notice a change in how high you get, it does for me

5. The first bowl of the day always hits you hard. I'm a huge tolerance smoker like you and sometimes what I'll do is just not smoke until after dinner time and receive the medicinal high i need.

6. Looks like moderation is the answer. thx everyone

7. I took a 6 day break, I had a little lack of appetite the first two days but I just went out and got stuff that sounded good at the time and got through it, I had a hard time sleeping but I was an insomniac before I started smoking pot, so it's probably just that.

Other then that, it was super easy and I got fucking destroyed from one bong hit, I was way higher than three would normally get me. I even had a bad experience I got so high after my break, nearly greened out.

I used to have it in my head that the "withdrawal" was going to be way worse for some reason. Honestly, the days of clarity and stuff actually felt sort of nice.. like a detox or something, lol.

Just drink lots of water to keep your appetite up, eat whatever sounds good, and get some exercise and you'll feel great.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I can't imagine flushing your system effecting your tolerance at all.. The only known way is through time

9. I just take a 2 day break occasionally, it helps a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Take a week or two off from smoking weed. Worked for me :smoke:

11. Take a couple days break. That even makes a difference for me. If not take a week or longer.

12. The only problem ive had taking t-breaks is not being able to sleep well for a few days. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid you can pick up at a grocery store and it definatly helps me out. Once you get past the first 2 or 3 days you dont even think about smoking anymore

13. melatonin's great for those of us with sleeping issues.

it'll make you fall asleep and it doesnt have nasty side effects like the pharmaceutical junk.

14. :laughing:

15. Stop smokin mids