Wax vs. Dry herb - Which is more efficient?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Maxin243, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Hey guys, with my current situation, I need to invest into a vaporizer. I'd be willing to spend anywhere from $60 to $150. If there was a vaporizer that I just fell in love with the idea of, I MIGHT push up to $200.

Anyways, I'd like your opinions on which I should get. My idea is that I want to get the maximum efficiency out of my vaporizer. That is - what can get me the highest with the least amount of material used? In my state, I can usually get some top quality bud for a little under $9 a gram (I usually buy half-zips for $120). I've never bought wax, but I have dabbed out of a rig and taken some hits off a G.420 wax pen. I've never vaped on dry herb. I could probably get some good quality wax for anywhere from 40-60 a gram.

So my main question is which style of vaporizer should I go with if I want to get the highest while not busting the bank with material to vape? Flavor and cloud production aren't things I really care about.

2. Well first you need to decide if you want to be vaping wax or herb, most vaporizers do one or the other well and there are a couple that do both well such as the Cloud Evo but that is out of your price range.

If you want to go the wax route, just get yourself a rig, Titanium or quartz nail ( I prefer Titanium so I know it won't break, just make sure you get a reputable brand like Highly Educated), a torch and a dabber and take dabs, definitely the best way to vaporize your wax. Otherwise, in the 150-200 range for flower vaporizers, I would recommend the Vapor Bros, Da Buddah, Extreme Q or LSV

3. The point of my question was kinda to see which route I should go. If I were to go with a dry herb vaporizer, I'd probably get a flowermate mini, while if I go the wax route, then I'd probably shell out the money for a source orb 4.
    My question was which is more efficient for the amount of material I'm using. For example, will $10 of dry herb in a flower pen get me higher than $10 of wax in a concentrate pen? I'll always buy pretty high quality bud and wax, so quality isn't really an issue to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I usually can't get super stoned on a portable flower vape, I've used a few, pax, mflb, da vinci but none hit me like a desktop vape, so since you are looking for portable I would go with the wax pen

5. This is a question that I had so I'm going to bump this up for an answer..

• Like Like x 1
  6. This.
    I've done extensive research, but I've never been able to find an answer.. Most people are just concerned about the taste, or vapor production, cost of the pen, etc... but the reason I smoke is because I have pretty bad anxiety. I need a vape pen that I can take on the go to hit stealthily whenever I'm beginning to feel anxious, because I feel much more comfortable with consuming cannabis than something like xanax. I just want to know what the most cash-efficient high would be.

7. I would say the wax pen is going to be your best bet for both cost and discretion, a wax pen doesnt smell anywhere close to as strong as a flower vaporizer does and like I said above, portable flower vapes don't get me nearly as medicated as a wax pen would.

8. I cannot say for a concentrate device but as to dry herb vapes a conduction chamber that stays hot always with herb in it will be less efficient than a heat source located below the herb chamber that channels heat up into the chamber when you inhale on it.. one is called a conduction vape and the other a convection vape...