Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wax High vs Weed High

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BWhite, Aug 25, 2013.

1. I think I'm just going to get something made. I don't plan on having heaps of rigs just a few good ones.

2. I've been browsing and found this thread and just wanted to say, wax highs are WAY more intense. Think of the highest you've ever been in your entire life and double or triple it. It's extremely intense to the point you feel like you're tripping...things morphing, closed eye visuals, etc. and it can be extremely overwhelming if you aren't prepared. I had been smoking weed 2 years before I tried my first dab and it was still a completely crazy experience that no other time I had ever been high before could even compare to.

3. #43 BrandanDeMamp, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    If you're used to smoking flower and hit a dab you will be dead for a good 10 minutes. Then you'll be the highest you've ever been for the rest of the high.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #44 Rezerg, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201312/heavy-marijuana-use-alters-teenage-brain-structure

"Previous research has found that prolonged cannabis use is detrimental to mental health"

you may want to research this. Here is a good place to start and branch out. Hope it helps.

Edit: Keep in mind. There is also a LOT of BS out there too.

5. Heres what I notice between the two:
    With flower, the high seems to evenly spread from the head to the body and it feels like a relaxing foggy feeling (depending on the strain). With wax, its appears to be more of a clear mellow head high with slight effects in the body. As far as the duration of the effects go, they are pretty much the same. In the end, it is personal preference. Stay faded :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dabbing always brings me back to my first times smoking flowers. Kinda trippy effects..

I prefer flowers just for the pure smell and appearance aspect of it, but dabbing is definitely for chill nights (movies or music night).

Dabbing for me has a more heady high, but occasionally will feel a heavy couch lock feeling and the physical effects lasts longer than flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dabs are like crack and flowers are like cocaine.

thats the best analogy I can think of.

I used to dab a lot but now im more into flowers. dabs will fuck your tolerance up. I also like the mellow high you get from a fat joint/blunt. with wax im gone after two or three dabs.

8. Some of those concentrates can get into the 80-90% THC range and it may be a bit too much for you. I am a veteran stoner from class of '72. I have a hard time handling those concentrates. I smoked a cavi cone last week. 4 hits and I was trippen balls hard off that stuff.

I can handle the 54%THC hash that my delivery service sells. But hose 85%THC waxes and shatters and shit are just a bit too much even for a seasoned smoker such as myself. Be careful. Don't let that stuff weg you out.

Geez almost a year and still no dab haha. After loosing 3 of 4 plants with my second grow and only the smallest and slowest surviving, it was looking bad again however the lone survivor turned out to be female and is 4 weeks into flower so may still get something to run.

It's just because it's so damn convenient, to just grab a dab real quick and heat up the nail. You do it so often that you don't even realize it would've taken you 10x the amount of time to roll/pack a bowl and actually smoke it. And on top of that, you can dab inside with little to no smell consequences. I have dabbed everyday strictly for about a few months and I felt better than when I smoked weed, weed kind of always just seemed to give me a cloudy high.

11. Dabs are a clean high with no smell, quality always matters though because I always buy some grade A bud and roll and get very high but topshelf wax is the way to go

It's been a year since I posted that...I was blind to it at the time, but the real reason I was depressed as fuck on and off cause I was still using a certain drug that fucks with your emotions a lot. 

and I know what you mean about the cloudiness. now that my tolerance is used to dabs, whenever I'll smoke a bowl it'll get me high, but it'll be more of an airy, light high...not like put me on my ass stoned. it's still pleasant, I'd just consider it to be more of a 'buzz' than a 'high' if that makes sense

13. As definitely gets me more fucked up, but I personally prefer flowers. There's no real reason other than personal preference. I like the taste of buds, the bowl packing, everything. Taking dabs with a nail makes me feel like I'm doing hardcore drugs lol
    Anyway, yeah. I just like buds

Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #56 mindlike, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Just switched to concentrates two weeks ago and first few times were like most confirm: extremely more powerful than plain herb, at least by the %'s and subjective feeling. Then as the days went on it just started feeling more normal, yet positively much easier and less of a distraction than prepping/smoking tended to be and, for me, knocked me on my ass far less than weed while going more vertical.  [/SIZE]

The manifold benefits are 1. it doesn't much smell like weed smoke its rather more like a light funky Christmas tree odor, 2. you can _quickly, portably, discreetly, and safely_ do it anywhere/anytime virtually indoors or outdoors 3. while not needing to buy lighters or get their burns, or fidget with flames or glowing embers, 4. the strengths are usually better especially for pain but less so 'getting high' imo than flower contents. 5. I still cough but far less intensely thus the non-incendiary method must release considerably less tar and other useless stuff that doesn't help make you 'good' or perhaps that is a key qualitative 'difference' is while the %'s are significantly different between flowers and concentrates the high might be more 'pure' or distilled-seeming but not necessarily more flavorful like vodka vs wine  :)  Another hypothesis I had today while analyzing which is 'better' for my neck pain therapy or recreational needs is that concentrates may actually be blindly (lack of official research?) succumbing to similar negative effects as pharma grade synthetic compounds which are reportedly far less effective or at all than simple flowers or edibles(?) because of missing synergies between unchemically modified THC/CBD moieties you get when using thermal (fire) extraction only or eating.  Its almost like once you take the 'active' plant chemicals and bind them to any added vape-friendly carrier molecules like oil, butane, or PG/VG, you consequently _perhaps_ denature the high that hundreds of years or more of evolution have naturally or anthropically selected as optimal plant & man complements. Maybe this is why ice hash is consistently (for me) the most potent concentrate of 3 types I have two weeks into my trials. And why would I say all of this if its apparently more "pure" and "intense" (at first), because I've found in just two weeks I'm no longer feeling any more high than flowers ever performed, in fact possibly even less so now than my initial trials. And vaping herbal-only has long been infamously weaker though healthier thus why concentrates were a logical invention not just some flight-of-THC-fancy obsession like police seem to purport, at least here in California since March 2014-ish. The myriad of those attesting to anti-cancer success with Rick Simpson oil is beyond mere anecdotal proof, like of those saying "wow, wax is SO strong," that concentrates are indeed the "most" effective, more so than diluted recreational or less severe therapies not requiring high concentrations in near-term life-or-death situations.

Another factor, just perhaps, is I think your body acclimates to the subject's recent habitual intake history from averages of THC/CBD availability in their herbal or concentrates no matter if they're low or high, like salt intake effects are varied by individual genetic sensitivities that influence their semi-permanent hypo/hyper/normotensive status, by then you're baselining highs or lows relative to your most habitual (stable) source of THC/CBD. So someone who has never smoked or vaped ever, who then takes a 60% CBD/THC dab hit will definitely feel higher than if he or she initially just virgin-tokes 25% flowers. Same is case with a veteran flowerbaker who quits all intake for say 2-4 weeks removing those surplus compounds in their body becoming usually revirginized for virtually any type or grade of cannabis. This might happen because over the few days or weeks of any average intake I've surmised the endogenous cannabinoid system compensates proportional to available chemical surpluses in blood, brain, and lipids, creating that "tolerance" glass ceiling, where "highs" are neuron / synaptic potentiation-limited by their adsorption rate threshold; eventually these "relativity" highs normalize in effect which some described as 'depression' (since they expected it to stay as intense as day 1 while on day 20) earlier in this thread if they rely solely on dabbing for long-term recreational, immune, neurological supplementation of the innate CDB or opiod systems.

Hope that made some sense, it dab for me  :)

15. #57 JetxLife86, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    For flavor, dabbing is awesome. Things do get a bit hazy for daily activities once youve been dabbing.

I feel like flowers are the perfect combination to smoke and still be functional. Also, the crystals and trichomes make flowers more eye appealing.

Dabs can make your average smoker get super baked instantly, literally in minutes!

16. #58 deycallmebreezy, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    Just got 3 g a crumble and my first rig yesterday I hit wax(shatter form) once over summer in July  on a cruise ship after you leave p0rt in Jamaica and I also tried wax on another cruise ship in June  and this girl had a vapor pen n0t a r1g ……well i bought a rig and 3 grams 0f crumble yesterday and its like I'm getting hungry as fuck and sorta heady and sometimes it makes me cough hella hard and sometimes i can handle it i been taking bout .02-.05 dabs the .05 dabs are the sweat and feel it throughout your body dabs the .02s make you feel happy but not like retarted maybe the headband i was smoking before i decided to go with concentrates for 210 instead of 3 quarters of headband was because the headband was making me too retarted looking but i wasn't that high just looked very high so i needed a diff strain so i got some chemdawg which is some of my fav I've been getting lucky in florida but when i ran out of that its when i decided to try concentrates and it tastes just like when i used to vape with my volcano 

17. I havent been smoking too long now just here and there. Recently i smoked bud and get really messed up. super paranoid. brain felt like it was doing backflips. tingly all over.. but just super intense. and i felt cold too so taking a hot shower helped.

the other night i took probably ten hits of wax from my pen and i was starting to feel all relaxed and super chill. i went to lay down in my bed just enjoy the feeling some more and then all of a sudden my whole body just went numb and i got this hot pulsating vibrating numb feeling in my legs and then it traveled to my chest and i was like WTF is going on?!!!?!? i sat up in bed and tried to take a deep breath of air and it wasnt happening. my heart rate was through the roof and i thought oh crap im going to have a heart attach and die. but then i started pacing in my room and said bro you're tripping out relax and that calmed me a bit. so i think for the next two hours i experienced this and i kept telling myself i was just tripping balls. my whole body was floating. at times i felt cold so i took a hot shower and i kept asking myself wtf is going on. 

i was truly tripping out. i tried my best to enjoy this feeling but somehow it was hard. i would say i prefer wax to bud only because i feel like its a functioning high when you do a few hits. but after taking 10 hits like i did i just got super plastered paranoid. 

but i think as being a beginner to this i'll learn how to control this and enjoy it more.

18. I life top shelf Indicas mostly. When I smoke dabs of shatter like in a bong I always get major anxiety. Wax in a pen is cool but gives me major munchies. I like smoking some bomb herb with wax inside a blunt or drops of oil outside. Smoking too much concentrates make my lungs feel cloggy next day.